Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sebring 12 Hours 1964 Proposed group build thread

I am now posting the #37 Porsche 904 photos over in Under Glass.  I had to change the side numbers as the they were disintegrating.   I also changed the front fender stripes to red.

Thanks to Helmut for the Virage Euro sponsor decals and Phil for the links to references.

image.jpeg.59bac006a9b0793bb219415aee8585d8.jpeg

Edited by Gramps46
  • Like 2

Sorry didn't meet the deadline I've been out with a knee injury not allowing me to sit at the bench. I am finally able to sit for a while. I have CSX 2127 engine done so far and the suspension is next. I managed to get the throttle linkage stuffed in between the carbs but you cant see much of it now with the carbs installed. 

image.jpeg

IMG_6212.JPG

IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6214.JPG

IMG_6219.JPG

Edited by Scooter757
  • Like 1

Although I didn't get my two Cobras done in time for the deadline, I did get to see one of the actual cars that competed in the race. The #12 Cobra of Bob Bondurant and Lew Spencer, which was one of the cars I really wanted to get going on, along with the restored version of the Gurney/Johnson Cobra, which I am almost done completing the engine for. 

IMG_3051.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for additions - for the knee injury - here’s the fix - just bash a hole in the wall behind your workbench and stick your immobile leg right  thru - don’t  tel the misses …

• Like 1

• 1 month later...