Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turbo Shark

Howard Cohen

Some of you may have known Rick Grant, aka Krazy Rick, who passed away last November 11th. He was krazy...about cars...and a very good painter and builder. Today I got one of his builds, the very vintage MPC Turbo Shark. I have mounted it in a Tamiya showcase to keep it safe. It will remind me of the many times he telephoned me...at 5AM...to talk about whatever related to cars. It will also remind me of his ability to get lost when going somewhere, a very bad sense of direction 🙂 But his ability to build, mold putty and paint was way above average...enjoy 🙂
Thanks Krazy 🙂

Turbo Shark 001.jpg

Turbo Shark 002.jpg

Turbo Shark 003.jpg

Turbo Shark 004.jpg

Turbo Shark 005.jpg

Turbo Shark 006.jpg

Turbo Shark 007.jpg

Turbo Shark 008.jpg

Turbo Shark 009.jpg

• Like 3

Bob - one of the local hobby shops got a call a while back offering a model collection including built cars, projects, tools, paints, etc.. He knew the builder and bought it all. So far, he has been displaying the built cars in a showcase and plans to keep them on display as a tribute to Rick. He is only selling a few pieces to close friends of Rick. 

• Like 1

That’s awesome you picked up this model, Me and Rick were good friends for the last 15 years and would talk on a daily basis, I remember when Rick was building this and we talked over the phone as he was building and painting it, when he passed away I was worried and wondering what might become of his collection, until I heard randy at the hobby shop was able to pick up everything, Rick was such an awesome person and a really great builder, Howard I’m glad you were able to pick this one up, I know Rick was proud of this build, thanks for posting it ! 

Edited by gseeds