Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tire ID

Does anybody know the origin of this tire? It is made of soft rubber like Pegasus tires. I have four or five rears but only one front. I need another front but don't have any idea who made them. I got them from my deceased buddy's parts box. They may be an older set of Pegasus tires since he used to work there.

Later-

20221117_144253.jpg

20221117_144303.jpg

20221117_144345.jpg

5 hours ago, slusher said:

Chevy Camaro  AMT.  Not real sure, sir..

Thanks. I doubt these are AMT or Revell due to the material they are made from. I have not seen those two companies make a tire this plyable. Now, Tamiya or Fujimi, etc is a possibliity.

Later-

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I agree. They look a read ringer for the Pegasus no name tires.

Completely different tread than any other Pegasus tires I have. Tread is much deeper and a different tread pattern. But, I do think it could be a Pegasus tire they may have made for a short time in the past?

Later-

58 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Completely different tread than any other Pegasus tires I have. Tread is much deeper and a different tread pattern. But, I do think it could be a Pegasus tire they may have made for a short time in the past?

Later-

I have two sets. One came with these I-ROCs and IIRC, the other set came on some "T"s. 

IMG 3426

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

I have two sets. One came with these I-ROCs and IIRC, the other set came on some "T"s. 

IMG 3426

That is them! The tires I have were loose in a parts box and had no wheels with them. I have never bought a set of Pegasus wheels that had these tires. They were all a different style of tread pattern.

I need one small tire. Want to get rid of a set or a set of the fronts?

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

That is them! The tires I have were loose in a parts box and had no wheels with them. I have never bought a set of Pegasus wheels that had these tires. They were all a different style of tread pattern.

I need one small tire. Want to get rid of a set or a set of the fronts?

Later-

I'll check to see if I have any extras. I thought I had more then two sets but that's all I can find at the moment.

At least you know what to look for now.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...