Model Cars Magazine Forum

´66 Buick Riviera

Andy Oldenburg

The wheels have finally arrived, beautiful pieces. I have a supplier here in Germany that copies original wheels, usually racing and custom. These ones are Foose Nitrous II and fit perfect to a low rider. I added the photo etched brake discs and painted the calipers to match the body paint.

The interior is moving on too. I didn´t want to have the seats and panels in a body color and remembered show cars with a complete light leather finish. So this design I chose for my interior. I discarded the kit seats and replaced them with racing seats. In this case "original" Viper buckets and also added standard three point harnesses.

The paint job is inspired by show cars I saw searching the net. After priming I sprayed a base coat of metallic silver (Molotow black label). On this I added thin coats of Schmincke Aero Color. I mixed two different greens to match my taste and added 25% metallic fluid. Schmincke Aero Color is originally an artist color, but it´s very fine and even passes through a 0.1 mm nozzle, much finer than say Createx. I´m quite happy with the blend from dark at the bottom to light and lime on the roof. Next step now is the clear coat and bear metal.

Thanks for watching!

DSC_0660.JPG

DSC_0661.JPG

DSC_0659.JPG

DSC_0665.JPG

• Like 1

I´m finally coming to an end. The body parts have received the necessary bare metal and I sanded down all of the labels at the start, so no decals are applied.  Three layers of clear coat and a good polish.

The fireboard is installed and all the hoses, wires and lines are connected. The chassis and body actually fit at the first try. This does not happen every time and therefore one worry less on this build.

Next I had to take care of the rockers. I grew a few gray hairs on this because the panel for the back bench was too far forward and I didn´t notice it before I glued the body and chassis together😆😖 Some open heart surgery was necessary to cut out as much as possible without wrecking the body, rocker or seat. I´m satisfied with the result and will take better care on the next project.

The trunk I built with 0.5mm sheet styrene and flocked in the same color as the interior. I customized it with a sound system and so far the hood still fits.

Next step will be connecting all the moving parts and I hope they all still fit the way they were supposed to. Big suspense! The final images will be shown "under glass". Thanks for watching!

DSC_0669.JPG

DSC_0668.JPG

DSC_0679.JPG

DSC_0672.JPG

DSC_0675.JPG

DSC_0678.JPG

DSC_0673.JPG

DSC_0676.JPG

DSC_0677.JPG

DSC_0680.JPG

• Like 1