Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 70 Chevelle SS

bluestringer

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Going with a stock representation or a customised version? 

Side Note: Boy oh man, do we need a new 1970-1972 Chevelle kit!

I will use the custom engine, most everything else will be stock. I don't like the custom wheels that comes with it. On the side note, yes we do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Looking good James.👍 Are those Keystone Classics, and are they from this kit?

Thanks Greg. They are the stock wheels for the Chevelle that came in the kit. I painted the centers black and the photos are too dark so the detail is lost. This is what they should look like.

1970-chevy-chevelle-ss-2415454249.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slusher said:

Real nice progress, James!

Thanks Carl. But I had a mishap with the paint that has slowed me down. I was painting the trim with a Molotow pen and somehow smeared some on the body. I tried lightly getting it off with alcohol on a swab, but it smeared the paint. I didn't want to take the time to strip it and repaint so I just sanded it off and sprayed some more red over it. It doesn't look too bad and you have to look close to notice anything, so I'm going with it. The glass really gave me fit also. It's a one piece for the front and back and did not fit well at all. I cut it in half and got the back to fit good, but the front windshield still doesn't fit right. Trying to correct it so I can finish this up, I'm ready to get started on that 57 Chevy Pro Street I'm working on.

10 hours ago, bluestringer said:

Thanks Carl. But I had a mishap with the paint that has slowed me down. I was painting the trim with a Molotow pen and somehow smeared some on the body. I tried lightly getting it off with alcohol on a swab, but it smeared the paint. I didn't want to take the time to strip it and repaint so I just sanded it off and sprayed some more red over it. It doesn't look too bad and you have to look close to notice anything, so I'm going with it. The glass really gave me fit also. It's a one piece for the front and back and did not fit well at all. I cut it in half and got the back to fit good, but the front windshield still doesn't fit right. Trying to correct it so I can finish this up, I'm ready to get started on that 57 Chevy Pro Street I'm working on.

I put tape around the chrome for mishaps.  I burnish the tape edge so it don’t run under..

• 2 weeks later...