Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gordon Murray Automotive T50 - by Tamiya

niteowl7710

On 3/19/2023 at 10:16 AM, absmiami said:

Dont know how many Mclaren 720 s have been made with the Gulf livery ….  One passed me by on the street today- amazing what you see tooling around town in Miami - somebody has got to do a T50 with this livery …

75BD8E00-D75F-4360-89DF-B09E5253CAED.jpeg

Hmmmmmm was it Danny Ric? I don't remember if he got that Gulf 720S after winning 2021 Italian GP but I do remember he got 765LT.

Pretty sure it's in LA. He goes there during breaks in the F1 season to decompress. The second season? of Drive to Survive shows him there with his trainer.

3 hours ago, absmiami said:

Does Riccardo have a home in Miami ?

56 minutes ago, Tyas said:

If I remembered correctly he owned a home in USA, but I don't remember exactly where.

46 minutes ago, absmiami said:

Any release date announcements fr Tamiya?  Ya know - i have absolutely nothing to build right at this moment …

I'd expect April/May depending on the land mass in question. It should go up for pre-order in Japan in a couple of weeks as all of the kits for the Shizouka Hobby Show are made available.

• 1 month later...

One thing not mentioned in the TamiyaUSA information is the release date, which according to the Tamiya Japan version of this is going to be August. That's a bit later than I would have expected, but I guess with the new "gimmicks" of rotors & calipers being separated and the multi-slide molded "hollow" coil-over springs tooling production has run a little longer.

I hope they are going to include the tailored luggage set that fits into those two trunks in front of the rear wheels... 😜 Lots of the real things on show at Goodwood last weekend, to whet your appetite... if it needs it:

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I didnt get around to pre ordering it from HLJ and they are order stop,  for some reason, I am getting $5 off from Megahobby so I think might order from them.  Ive been getting my new Tamiya kits from Hobby Easy but their shipping is $25 making it cheaper to buy local if not getting from HLJ and shipping it over with other kits.

Edited by martinfan5