Revell of Germany 1965 427 Cobra

JohnnyK

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There are a few things wrong with this model. The tires/wheels don't fit properly. they stick out of the body. Maybe the original kit (1988) had narrower tires that fit inside of the body. When wider tires were substituted in later reissues the don't fit inside the body. IMHO, the model does not look like a big, hulking 427 Cobra. Instead, it looks like a bulked up 289 Cobra.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Nice work! That color combo looks good on pretty much everything, especially Cobra's.

The blue paint and orange stripes look good together. The blue that I used is darker than the color that the 1:1 car was painted. I think that the 1:1 car was painted "gulf blue", which is a very light baby blue. I think that gulf blue looks too washed out.. PLUS, I don't have an air brush, so I am stuck using rattle can colors.

• Like 1

Like the Gulf Oil sponsor paint theme. Very cleanly detailed engine and trim. I have read a profile on this kit where it is said to be like a combination of the body and engine you mention. Sort of a kit car version of a Cobra. Whichever, this looks great to me.