Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone tried this in their 70's?

38 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I’m only 60, but at this stage, I’m still doing pretty well.

we’ll see what time brings.

711BCE8C-FA63-4937-8FC8-2B930BC89626.thumb.jpeg.a68acd2ffed9381a1584aa1501ef32e8.jpeg

Steve

I don't see any smoke rising from that stogie in the open ashtray, Steve. You're slipping... and at only 60! 🧐 

2 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I'm 53 and I'm lucky if I can see - read - part numbers and locate 1/25 scale fuel pumps on the runners. Just thinking about fiddly stuff like ignition wires makes my knuckles swell-up!

I’m sitting here right now trying to read these responses on my phone.......at arms length of course. 😑

Steve

• Haha 2

I think we septagenarians should be exempt from using PE wire looms and adding carburetor linkage. Either of those two things could mean a stroke for us. If we could do some lobbying maybe we could force the PE industry to label their products. "Caution: Photo Etch parts may cause heart attack or stroke when handled by feeble droolers 🤤 over 65 years of age"

• Haha 1

I just showed Steve's Bonneville dash to my wife. After she studied it, woefully, she says "he put a cigar in the ash tray?"  I said" Yup! That steering wheel is the size of a dime! Look at that detail!" She says "I don't see the lighter. Where's the lighter?"  This is coming from a woman who has never smoked in her life....I don't show her my stuff very often. 😕

Edited by customline
Emphasis added
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, customline said:

I just showed Steve's Bonneville dash to my wife. After she studied it, woefully, she says "he put a cigar in the ash tray?"  I said" Yup! That steering wheel is the size of a dime! Look at that detail!" She says "I don't see the lighter. Where's the lighter?"  This is coming from a woman who has never smoked in her life....I don't show her my stuff very often. 😕

I hate to make you bring it up with her again, but if you want to torture her a little more, tell her that the lighter is the random dash knob in between the radio and heater controls. ;)

Steve