Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1971 Dodge Charger R/T

doorsovdoon

52 minutes ago, David G. said:

A fabulous build of a good, solid kit!

Nice work with the decals, I remember these being quite tricky when I built mine.

Your choice of color is excellent and probably closer to the reality of these legendary cars.

I went a little more on the wild side with mine.

Cheers,

David G.

Yes, good solid kit for sure. I Love the hi impact colours too, It was bright yellow before the paint failed on me. The decals laid down ok to be honest, getting the curve in them to follow the bodyline was a bit of a sweaty brow moment I'll admit.

On 1/17/2023 at 1:15 PM, slusher said:

Beautiful Charger Gareth!

Thanks mate.👍

On 1/16/2023 at 6:48 PM, happy grumpy said:

That's a great looking build of a very fine kit from AMT. Your color choice is perfect for this car.

Cheers buddy. Yes, much nicer than the yellow I did first.

19 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Really nice build. I love the color with the black striping.

Thanks mate. 

10 hours ago, RAMBENNA said:

execllent, I had a 1:1 one for these and loved it so much ,yours is a very fine build.

Cheers buddy. They're awesome looking cars, aren't they. Would love to own one myself!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Superb build with a nice recovery from the first paint job you had, and I also like the wheels you put on her Gareth. This looks like a fairly well detailed kit from the engine bay pics that you posted.

Thanks, Joe. Yes, it's a good kit, nicely detailed. Yeah, the yellow I originally laid on took four or five coats to finally cover the primer, and even then I could still see orange styrene on the raised areas. It was too thick by then so had to strip it. I didn't like the wheels in the kit... and I accidently stripped the chrome off them so that was that, lol. 

• Like 1