Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Mercedes 190E 2.3 16V (#3624)

peteski

So nobody knows for certain yet?  I also suspect a repop.  I wonder if they tooled up some new parts (like at least wheels and those terrible tires)?

Dan, thanks for the transkit info.  Looks interesting.  I want to build mine factory stock, but the better wheels, headlight buckets,  door mirrors, and seats look interesting.

I never heard of White Chocolate 124, and their website  is very sparse on information.  Have you dealt with them?

Edited by peteski

1 hour ago, peteski said:

I never heard of White Chocolate 124, and their website  is very sparse on information.  Have you dealt with them?

Yes, have no worries purchasing from him.

I have the transkit for the VW Golf Cabrio. Quality is excellent, shipping was quick, relatively speaking. He's in Europe, can't remember exactly where.

:)

• Thanks 1

I wish it were a new tool, but it’s the same old Esci kit. Which is really only the stock 190E with bodykit add-ons. The interior and diesel engine are from base car. The above mentioned transkit is from a vendor in Spain, if I am not mistaken. I have the Fujimi Evo2 interior, which I will put into this car, instead of the bulky base car seats, but I have no solution for that diesel engine and wish someone would actually print a Cosworth engine that went into the 2.3 16V car.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowerPlant said:

I wish it were a new tool, but it’s the same old Esci kit. Which is really only the stock 190E with bodykit add-ons. The interior and diesel engine are from base car. The above mentioned transkit is from a vendor in Spain, if I am not mistaken. I have the Fujimi Evo2 interior, which I will put into this car, instead of the bulky base car seats, but I have no solution for that diesel engine and wish someone would actually print a Cosworth engine that went into the 2.3 16V car.

I'm totally with you about the engine, it's the heart of this car.  I built this Fujimi Evo last century, it's just a curbside with lousy tires, added the DTM exhaust tips.  Why other brands did it without the iconic engine is beyond me.

757409106_fd28ade9d6_o.jpg

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

I'm totally with you about the engine, it's the heart of this car.  I built this Fujimi Evo last century, it's just a curbside with lousy tires, added the DTM exhaust tips.  Why other brands did it without the iconic engine is beyond me.

757409106_fd28ade9d6_o.jpg

The only half-decent thing going for that Fujimi Evo II is the interior, which I robbed from a gluebomb to replace the base car interior in my Esci/Revell (Italeri) kit. The body and undercarriage, especially, on the Fujimi kit are atrocious, and leave much to be desired in terms of detail. You made yours look great, considering what a mess of a kit it is to begin with! The Italeri re-pop might make someone consider designing and 3D printing a proper Cosworth engine. I’d buy one for sure! 

Edited by PowerPlant
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dragline said:

I had one of these in the early 90s that I inherited. Got T-boned in it and that was that in 96.

I raced my brother in the Baltimore tunnel once against his Acura Integra with VTec and smoked em. Lots of good memories.

Dang! That would have been worth a buck or two nowadays.

8 hours ago, StanGlover said:

Can this kit be built as a basic 190e? Or is there only the 2.3 body kit included?

The front and rear bumpers, as well as wheels, are for the 2.3 car only, no base car options, but that really is the only difference. Everything else is from the base car, including main body, engine and interior. 

• Thanks 1