Model Cars Magazine Forum

List of Moebius Upcoming Kits

Daddyfink

5 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Last night I was watching Wes model car corner on FaceBook and Wes even seid Moebiues is doing two Mavericks a stock one and drag one ,but there was no date or time line when it will be out 

I heard it too.    Good news.  Good things are happening in our hobby.

Edited by GMP440
  • Like 2

A stock Maverick would be an interesting offering, even if it was a base-trim car with a six. The idea of being able to easily replicate everyday life of days past through dioramas, large or small, or even a very simple scene, holds appeal to many modelers.

I would also suspect it would be pretty easy to do a base Maverick or a Grabber. From what I recall, it's a 302, buckets and a different hood and wheels. In the great scheme of things, not a giant extra expenditure over the basic kit.

A Maverick, maybe a Valiant or Dart 4-door, or a Scamp/Swinger, an Olds Omega, Buick Apollo, maybe even a 1970-1/2 Falcon. The possibility for a slew of compact mainstreamers of the early 1970s is extensive.

Charlie Larkin

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

So now there really is a Maverick coming? Wow 

Well, Steve G. said it's just an internet rumor but I'd imagine whoever this Wes guy is on Facebook would know better. He IS on Facebook after all so ???  

• Haha 1

Just now, Can-Con said:

Well, Steve G. said it's just an internet rumor but I'd imagine whoever this Wes guy is on Facebook would know better. He IS on Facebook after all so ???  

Well, I guess I will just wait and see like everyone else. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Wes is a well known seller on Facebook and is behind the current modified kits you now see 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigryan18 said:

Wes is a well known seller on Facebook and is behind the current modified kits you now see 

Well then, I'm sure he would definitely have better information on what Mobius is coming out with in the near future then anyone actually involved with the company. 😁

But, Yea, as Jesse said above, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

51 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Well then, I'm sure he would definitely have better information on what Mobius is coming out with in the near future then anyone actually involved with the company. 😁

But, Yea, as Jesse said above, we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Well, Wes is apparently deeply involved in the the new Asphalt Modified from Salvinos JR. So, he is becoming an 'insider' at least to some degree. But, we are talking about 2 different companies, so there is a big, huge 'Grain-of-Salt' to be taken with all this internet gassing.

Until Steve G. or Jaimie, or Chad tells me something, it is not a fact. And , Steve G, has been truly Awesome this past year on spreading the news about new kiys, as soon as he can.

So, I wait until there is more than 'interweb rumor' before I go off half-cocked.

32 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

Well, Wes is apparently deeply involved in the the new Asphalt Modified from Salvinos JR. So, he is becoming an 'insider' at least to some degree. But, we are talking about 2 different companies, so there is a big, huge 'Grain-of-Salt' to be taken with all this internet gassing.

Until Steve G. or Jaimie, or Chad tells me something, it is not a fact. And , Steve G, has been truly Awesome this past year on spreading the news about new kiys, as soon as he can.

So, I wait until there is more than 'interweb rumor' before I go off half-cocked.

Now we're getting 3 different companies involved, Alan, My fault. 

But none the less, anyone who's contacted Mobius on the subject has been told it's not true, at least in the near future.

I've also just sent off an e-mail to them asking about it so I guess we'll see what they say to me and I'll copy and paste the e-mail I get back for all to see.

OK, so, I got an answer back from Mobius,,, or more like an non-answer, I guess. 😕

But, at least they are aware of this thread. 

"Hello Steve,

Well, a nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Perhaps?  That thread on the Model Cars Magazine Forum that Daddyfink
started has a screenshot picture at the beginning that is not ours.  But
then again, everything on the internet is true you know....  That's why
the aliens brought us flying cars 20 years ago!

Hope that helps some.
Erik Solie
Moebius Models"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Can-Con said:

OK, so, I got an answer back from Mobius,,, or more like an non-answer, I guess. 😕

But, at least they are aware of this thread. 

"Hello Steve,

Well, a nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Perhaps?  That thread on the Model Cars Magazine Forum that Daddyfink
started has a screenshot picture at the beginning that is not ours.  But
then again, everything on the internet is true you know....  That's why
the aliens brought us flying cars 20 years ago!

Hope that helps some.
Erik Solie
Moebius Models"

Wonderful Non-Answer!

Won't slow the rumors, but is good for a few chuckles!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/25/2023 at 6:29 PM, iBorg said:

The Jo-Han Maverick/Comet motor is really good. If Moebius offered that quality, I'd be happy to see it return. Same for many of the interior parts. When I first saw this rumor I contacted one individual with good industry connections. His comment was, "The only thing I KNOW is it has been on the 'TO DO' list for a while........but so has a 70 Javelin.....so.........."

I also contacted Moebius directly.

It's a good suggestion, but there's been "Moebius" box art for a Maverick for years that is an internet hoax, so don't get fooled into thinking it's right around the corner.

Moebius Models

On 2023-02-18 03:37, iborg wrote:
I saw a rumor that Moebius was developing a Dyno Don Maverick…….before
I put massive hours into correcting a Johan kit, can you tell me if
there is any possible truth to this?
Thanks,
Mike

And again people are jumping to conclusions about something on the internet without looking closely at the remarks. The answer from Moebius said that the "fake box" showing up for years on the internet is just that, a fake, and followed that with what really should be the center of attention and that is to not think that it is something that is just around the corner. Notice he didn't say it was just someone's pipe dream and would NEVER be seen, but just to not expect it to be right around the corner. Now, being of the optimistic sort that is just a nod nod, wink wink way of saying the chances look optimistic, but don't hold your breath waiting because it's gonna take some time, but as we all know good things take time to be developed so I won't say it's NEVER going to see the light of day but don't be really surprised when you see a test run sitting on the display table at a model and toy show.😁

• 4 weeks later...

From fellow Model Club member Bruce Snyder. He stopped at Pegasus on his way to GNRS.

"First I stopped at Pegasus hobbies and picked up a few models and talked to Larry the owner of Pegasus and Moebius models.
Asked about the in the works Chevy ramp truck…….he is remeasuring the cab as the current specs are not totally as accurate as he wants…..
This ram-truck will probably not be out until late in the year.

The Maverick is about ready to be produced…..different issues will be coming hopefully in 5-6 months.

The AWB and street versions of the 65 Dodge are about to be started in the mold process and expected to be produced late this year…

Got a picture of this Ford tow truck on the shelf……coming soon"

image.png.41f4a88b4a28c58fe93af75a554b4690.png
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

From fellow Model Club member Bruce Snyder. He stopped at Pegasus on his way to GNRS.

"First I stopped at Pegasus hobbies and picked up a few models and talked to Larry the owner of Pegasus and Moebius models.
Asked about the in the works Chevy ramp truck…….he is remeasuring the cab as the current specs are not totally as accurate as he wants…..
This ram-truck will probably not be out until late in the year.

The Maverick is about ready to be produced…..different issues will be coming hopefully in 5-6 months.

The AWB and street versions of the 65 Dodge are about to be started in the mold process and expected to be produced late this year…

Got a picture of this Ford tow truck on the shelf……coming soon"

image.png.41f4a88b4a28c58fe93af75a554b4690.png

No hood on that Ford. I wonder if it warped. :D

• Haha 3

I have been using the venerable Revell Midnite Cowboy kit for the wrecker backs. IMO quite accurate and good detail. It would be nice to have a complete tow truck kit. I'm not too crazy about the resin/3D printed ones that are available.