Model Cars Magazine Forum

DDA Collectibles Holdens

Roncla

12 hours ago, charlie8575 said:

Wonder what the postage is to the U.S. for one of these?

It would be nice if one of the more readily-available manufacturers in the U.S. picked up on the Australian stuff. They have some interesting cars.

One of the Valiants with the hemi-head six is a major want of mine...model and real.

Charlie Larkin

On the Hearns Hobbies site listed in the first post the Shipping to Pennsylvania (and I suspect most of the U.S.) is $30 AUS, which is $19.72.  Total cost to ship one kit is $99.98AUS which is roughly $65-68 depending on what kind of exchange rate your credit card or PayPal feels like giving you on a given day.  AUS to USD is roughly 66 AUS cents to a USD at the moment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

Do these represent any particular model year? Other than colour choices that changed year-to-year, are there any other changes in the cars themselves? Speaking of the GTS in particular.

The DDA kit represents a 1971 Holden HQ sedan. 

I know wiki can be a bit dodgy, but it does provide some decent info of the HQ. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_HQ

6 hours ago, Dave Van said:

A number I'd not mind buying.....but when I talked to DDA they said they will not sell outside AUS.........Almost like they were not permitted to......any inside on this??? The $47 plus shipping to USA will make them out of rnge for me. 

Im guessing and assuming they can only afford to have a license to produce under the now defunct GM Holden Australia, and to sell in the US market would require a GM USA license to produce which would no doubt be out of reach due to exorbitant fee's and the exchange rate. Maybe when they have built up a substantial revenue they will be able to enter into a US agreement and market.

Like I said im just guessing and who am I to say the reasoning as to why they are not selling wholesale outside of Australia.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 5:05 PM, Cool Hand said:

The DDA kit represents a 1971 Holden HQ sedan. 

I know wiki can be a bit dodgy, but it does provide some decent info of the HQ. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_HQ

I did see that. It would appear that a GTS 4-door would have to be a 1973 or 1974, if this line from Wikipedia is true:

Two four-door sedan variants of the Monaro GTS were released in March 1973

Edited by Rodent
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 1:45 PM, niteowl7710 said:

On the Hearns Hobbies site listed in the first post the Shipping to Pennsylvania (and I suspect most of the U.S.) is $30 AUS, which is $19.72.  Total cost to ship one kit is $99.98AUS which is roughly $65-68 depending on what kind of exchange rate your credit card or PayPal feels like giving you on a given day.  AUS to USD is roughly 66 AUS cents to a USD at the moment.

For any New Zealanders watching I have just placed an order for one example of the blown Holden off Hearns Hobbies paying with PayPal and Ive been charged NZ$78.43 plus NZ$30.26 for DHL shipping

I ordered the GTS for $69.99 AUD with $29.99 AUD shipping to California. You get a big popup with a WELCOME10 coupon code for $10 AUD off. Total was $89.98 AUD which is currently $59.56 USD or $96.55 NZD or €57.05, based on exchange rates I see now.

A bit of money for a somewhat crude kit, but it is an unusual subject. And I feel better about that than $39.95 USD for some of the new issues from the US players.

Edited by Rodent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

I ordered the GTS for $69.99 AUD with $29.99 AUD shipping to California. You get a big popup with a WELCOME10 coupon code for $10 AUD off. Total was $89.98 AUD which is currently $59.56 USD or $96.55 NZD or €57.05, based on exchange rates I see now.

A bit of money for a somewhat crude kit, but it is an unusual subject. And I feel better about that than $39.95 USD for some of the new issues from the US players.

I wasn't offered any WELCOME10 when I placed my order. Maybe its location specific or because us kiwis are the poor cousins. 

10 minutes ago, Roncla said:

I wasn't offered any WELCOME10 when I placed my order. Maybe its location specific or because us kiwis are the poor cousins. 

Have you ordered from them before? I got the feeling it was for new customers.

Anyway, I have a couple of Kiwi friends and an ex-colleague Kiwi and I think they would agree with your assessment, LOL.

I ordered a blown one  of Hearns' Hobbies on the 16 March and despite them saying they ship within 24/ 48 hrs I have yet to hear anything other than an automatic email acknowledging the order.

When I placed the order their site was saying High Stock but  a couple of days later it changed to Low Stock and is currently saying Sold Out.

This is the first time I've dealt with Hearns and their lack of communication now makes any repeat orders unlikely.

I've always dealt with another Australian business called BNA Model World who are excellent but at this stage they aren't listing DDA in their catalogue.

Sorry to hear that Ron. Their service was excellent in my transaction, but I have noticed that their feedback is either very positive or very negative. I want to preorder a Sandman, but I may wait until they actually arrive in stock.

I was a little surprised to see the "lift off" boot lid with a detailed boot interior. I will have to mock up the body and interior to see if it is feasible to scratch hinges. Also, that "thing" that is supposed to be a distributor must go. Otherwise, a pretty high parts count for what I was expecting, and basically no flash. 

Edited by Rodent

18 hours ago, Roncla said:

I ordered a blown one  of Hearns' Hobbies on the 16 March and despite them saying they ship within 24/ 48 hrs I have yet to hear anything other than an automatic email acknowledging the order.

When I placed the order their site was saying High Stock but  a couple of days later it changed to Low Stock and is currently saying Sold Out.

This is the first time I've dealt with Hearns and their lack of communication now makes any repeat orders unlikely.

I've always dealt with another Australian business called BNA Model World who are excellent but at this stage they aren't listing DDA in their catalogue.

I think their system might be fully automatic. It may be that its out of stock but more is on the way so they kept the order open. I must have got about 20 emails while mine was in transit

It was  a surprise to have this arrive today from Hearns Hobbies. Since i had no record of a shipping notice and its stock level went to sold out a couple of days after i placed my order I had been watching their website for  a restock but although its now being shown as being on sale its still listed as sold out.

The documents on the box show Hearns' shipped this the same day I placed my order so that is an excellent turn around.

This was my first order with Hearns and I had checked out as  a guest so next time I order  I will sign up and hopefully  be able to follow the orders status by logging in.

SMS are adding to their Automotive colours range with a lot of Holden colours that many from down under will recognise as what was available on the HQ.

https://www.scalemodeller.com.au/collections/automotive 

IMG_1907.thumb.jpeg.15fa5908e9c7d5cef880a440620af94c.jpeg

This is what is in the box of the stock GTS. The wheels are what looks like or pretty close to Pontiac Rally IIs. The envelope with the screws and tools has foil appliques for the dash and emblems. No decals.

PXL_20230403_210730694.thumb.jpg.c4e5f9fa9a1dbe7ab1da5eb55b87f783.jpg

Edited by Rodent
  • Like 2