Model Cars Magazine Forum

Saturday Morning (4-22-23 UPDATE!!!!) NNL East new model car kit news? Please post updates here....

tim boyd

Regrettably I will be missing the NNL East this year. 

But I think that there is a good chance that there will be at least one (and possibly more???) "bombshell" new model car kit announcement(s) at the NNL East this weekend. 

For the benefit of those of us who do not use Facebook or other social media, can those of you who are attending post any applicable new kit announcements (with photos if possible) here the MCM forum?   

Thanks in advance and have a great time at the show....TIM 

(PS -at times in the I've been proven wrong on these predictions - so don't take this guess as being gospel....just sayin'....TB) 

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Regrettably I will be missing the NNL East this year. 

But I think that there is a good chance that there will be at least one (and possibly more???) "bombshell" new model car kit announcement(s) at the NNL East this weekend. 

For the benefit of those of us who do not use Facebook or other social media, can those of you who are attending post any applicable new kit announcements (with photos if possible) here the MCM forum?   

Thanks in advance and have a great time at the show....TIM 

(PS -at times in the I've been proven wrong on these predictions - so don't take this guess as being gospel....just sayin'....TB) 

An option Tim is to watch for videos on youtube. There is a few guys out there that attend these events and post whats coming down the pipe so to speak. There seems to be alot of talk on a Maverick kit coming out, That kit would defiantly be on my hit list.

Cheers,

Chuck S 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mopeyguy said:

An option Tim is to watch for videos on youtube. There is a few guys out there that attend these events and post whats coming down the pipe so to speak. There seems to be alot of talk on a Maverick kit coming out, That kit would defiantly be on my hit list.

Cheers,

Chuck S 

Unless their listing is missing from the Vendor Area, Moebius/Pegasus doesn't have a display this year. Round2, Revell & Atlantis will all be there.

7 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Unless their listing is missing from the Vendor Area, Moebius/Pegasus doesn't have a display this year. Round2, Revell & Atlantis will all be there.

Is it possible that someone could be attending in their absence to announce new kits? Maybe one of the kit vendors?

12 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Thanks much Tim for posting that!!

I cannot make the trip East either & " on here" is where I get my updates of the kit-world news broadcast to my little corner of the 🌽field in this fly-over state.

Oh! ....I too ... don't "Face____"

6 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Is it possible that someone could be attending in their absence to announce new kits? Maybe one of the kit vendors?

Dave Burkett (Model King) will be there, but traditionally Dave has a dozen tables and is selling kits (well beyond just Moebius items), but I suppose he might be able to display their stuff if they wanted. Usually Moebius goes to the Indy IPMS show that was held last weekend because of it's proximity to Dave Metzner's location, but apparently they weren't there either.

15 hours ago, Khils said:

Thanks much Tim for posting that!!

I cannot make the trip East either & " on here" is where I get my updates of the kit-world news broadcast to my little corner of the 🌽field in this fly-over state.

Oh! ....I too ... don't "Face____"

"fly-over state"   I represent that remark :) 

11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Dave Burkett (Model King) will be there, but traditionally Dave has a dozen tables and is selling kits (well beyond just Moebius items), but I suppose he might be able to display their stuff if they wanted. Usually Moebius goes to the Indy IPMS show that was held last weekend because of it's proximity to Dave Metzner's location, but apparently they weren't there either.

I hope Dave will have some news on the '65 Dodge Cornet AWB car ? and a release date ?

16 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Round2

20230422_091956.jpg.f1a7e355dacd4688fcf8e34902fb0579.jpg

20230422_092022.jpg.7a3df3f6b37f3a4fca403dd501c92f5d.jpg20230422_092033.jpg.74c8278ca394f26ad6bdf11b5b8c7ebc.jpg

20230422_092057.thumb.jpg.18994cc82ab8c764c66ba670fd5de2d6.jpg

20230422_092101.jpg.0a9a0b20a07b056f164764e2696581bd.jpg

Yep....thanks for confirming, James.  

Here's more on the Demon.  It is a clone based on the original MPC Duster/Demon/Dart Sport tool, not an update of the later AMT-Ertl tool.  I looked over the test shot about a month ago and it looked very sharp.  The front fender shows the correct (non-matching to the Duster rear) Demon front wheel openings.   The hood is more accurate than the original 1971 1/2 MPC Demon kit.  The engine compartment actually looked very full and well developed, though I do not believe it is changed markedly vs. the original MPC kit.  If I understood correctly, Steve and team went through the entire project and added corrections and fitting aids, much as we saw with the '68 Coronet R/T.   As many of you know, since the early 2000's (at the very latest) this one has been at the top of the serious model builder/kit collector wanted list.  Now it is nearly here!  

As for the '63 F100, this was apparently designed from the start as a parallel part of the 1960 F100 tooling set.  The body itself appears a much higher quality casting (at least based on what I see here) than the original 1963/1964/1968 AMT kit release, eliminating many of the sags, sink marks, and so forth of the original.  It also has a far better execution of the 1963-only upper bodyside molding.  The engine is apparently the same Y-Block as in the 1960 kit.  This and the 1960 are apparently on pretty much the same glide path in terms of development timing; according the Steve G. they should appear on the market either at approximately the same time or the second one soon after the first one debut.  

Needless to say, these are both at the top of my own wish list, and I suspect, many of you as well.  They have a number of other projects in the works that I think will simularly resonate with us when the are announced.  Just keep buying these "clone" kits when the are introduced; I think the sky is the limit for our future kit offerings from Round 2. 

Best...TB 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ah, Drat! Those two AMT Ford Pickups will have to come home. Wow, so many ideas to build them.

And Atlantis is showing a second TD kit, the Poison Pinto. Looks like it has been modified somewhat, (Where's the Scoop, and the long sidepipes?), but otherwise looking very good.

More Great stuff.

• tim boyd changed the title to Saturday Morning (4-22-23 UPDATE!!!!) NNL East new model car kit news? Please post updates here....
22 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

Ah, Drat! Those two AMT Ford Pickups will have to come home. Wow, so many ideas to build them.

And Atlantis is showing a second TD kit, the Poison Pinto. Looks like it has been modified somewhat, (Where's the Scoop, and the long sidepipes?), but otherwise looking very good.

More Great stuff.

Looks to me line the "Pinto Street Rod" version without the hood and rear window louvers.

Strange as it may sound, as a retailer I think I'm actually most excited for the return of the Revell 427/SC Cobra to the standard domestic range. That's a kit with a lot of casual builder appeal and knowing this time around it will likely have little quality-of-life upgrades like gauge and emblem decals will make it a good routine seller.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Ya know, funny thing,, I don't hear many people complaining abut Round 2 only releasing reissues as often as you used to.😉

Well, there’s releasing reissues, and there’s raising the dead…

The latter tends to make one speechless…

• Like 1

I can wait for those 1967 Galaxie kits until next year. I have two I'm building now. That 63 with the camper is cool and I could see one of those Demons making its way to my collection. The 60 Pickup is on my "buy" list along with the much delayed (to me) 71 Muskrat.