Model Cars Magazine Forum

Will, this MPC model reminds me of how hard it is to build an older kit. Needed a lot of work in terms of fit. And because there are no decals, there also no place to hide in terms of paint. Glad to have this one done, and on to the next!  

IMG_6107.JPG

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6109.JPG

IMG_6111.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_6115.JPG

IMG_6116.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Zippi said:

Cute looking little pickup.  I like the orange and it came out really nice.  Pretty kewl looking seat covers.  

Thanks. The paint is Tamiya "Pure Orange" with a couple of coats of Clear Orange from Tamiya. 

15 hours ago, Can-Con said:

Looks good. Just had mine out looking at it a few hours ago. it's about 1/2 done and in about the same color as yours. 

Looks cool with the Cragars. 👍

Thanks. The wheels and tires are from Pegasus. They look more to scale than the tires in the kits, and I wanted to go for an East Los Angeles vibe. If I could make the car hop, I would!

Great looking paint work and engine detailing. Datsun offered a shade of orange just like this and was a commonly seen color for these in my neighborhood. The wheels and tires look good on this. 

• 3 weeks later...