Model Cars Magazine Forum

FrankenJag, part four.

roadkill

FrankenJag, a 1/8 scale model as a version of something I saw in my head one dark stormy night, Mwahaha.

Ok so this is the fourth post on my saga I call the FrankenJag. I’m almost finished building this weird contraption but I’m not sure I want to post any more pics as it’s not turning out anything like my vision and I’m having soo much trouble with it I sometimes just wanna smash it to bits or take it outside and just set the bastard thing on fire. I’ve repainted it four times, which involves re sanding, re masking, (geez masking up is tedious and takes so long, being 1/8 scale), and painting again, and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but it just keeps coming out rubbish, so I’ve just flat out given up and the paint is now just gunna have to stay as is which is pretty BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH. This model was the first time I’ve eva tried to paint a model in two colours so that was interesting to say the least, some of this colour came out reasonable so I’m not touching that either. I knew I would have to be very careful masking up to do the second colour and found the centre line on each panel or part and very carefully marked the lines for the masking and checked that the lines matched perfectly from panel to panel. Yeah well even that didn’t work, one edge of one of the panels is 3mm too &$#%cn narrow, which is 24mm (1in for us old fart’s), in full scale, I was so surprized, disappointed, pissed off and just totally bewildered how I managed to do it when I was so careful, like measure twice cut once kinda thing but still stuffed it, and I’m not doing it again, it’s just getting too hard and I can’t afford to just keep buying paint, masking tape and such. The reasoning for the two colours is I was trying to make it look a bit like the Gulf Racing colour scheme which I really like, I think it’s a very striking colour scheme and really stands out on the race track. OK so I have decided to put the pics up anyway so you can at least see what I was trying to build.              Kind regards, Michael.

445.JPG

446.JPG

447.JPG

448.JPG

449.JPG

464.JPG

467.JPG

468.JPG

469.JPG

470.JPG

478.JPG

482.JPG

483.JPG

484.JPG

485.JPG

486.JPG

524.JPG

539.JPG

540.JPG

541.JPG

544.JPG

545.JPG

548.JPG

549.JPG

556.JPG

557.JPG

558.JPG

559.JPG

560.JPG

562.JPG

568.JPG

569.JPG

570.JPG

571.JPG

572.JPG

573.JPG

574.JPG

577.JPG

581.JPG

582.JPG

586.JPG

604.JPG

609.JPG

614.JPG

635.JPG

637.JPG

• Like 4

Gentlemen one and all, thank you so very much for looking and the positive comments, much appreciated, so all I've got to do now is get the beastie finished, again thanks so much for looking.

Michael.