Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Chevy II Nova Resto Mod

Zippi

This is the Moebius kit that was just released not to long ago.  It's a nice kit but I have no idea why Moebius thought this was a Resto Mod with a 283 sbc in the business end and basically a stock interior.  I should have went with an LS but I do like the old schools stuff.  I'm building this for a Group Build on YouTube.  Other than plug wires and different wheels & tires it will be box stock.  I'm going with Tamiya X-7 Red to help show off the Red line tires.  The wheels & tires came from the parts box and can't remember what kit they came out of.  I was wanting to get some primer on the body but it has been nothing but rain, rain, and more rain.  I did get some detailing done on the engine and in the engine bay.   

20230508_093230.jpg

20230508_093306.jpg

20230508_093320.jpg

20230508_094140.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 5

Hey Zippi! I haven't been on here for a while but I'm not surprised to see you starting something I'm sure to like! I still have my real life '64 Bel Air and the first thing I bought for it was that boomerang air filter! Looks like a great start! 

15 minutes ago, Airwreck said:

Hey Zippi! I haven't been on here for a while but I'm not surprised to see you starting something I'm sure to like! I still have my real life '64 Bel Air and the first thing I bought for it was that boomerang air filter! Looks like a great start! 

Welcome back dude and thanks.  Hard to beat a 64 Bel Air.

1 hour ago, atomicholiday said:

Looking really good so far.   Those wheels are gonna be perfect for this ride! 

Thanks.  Yeah, I really like the red line tires.

1 hour ago, Slotto said:

Looking good Bob. Super clean

Much appreciated.

I had to re-paint the body as it just didn't look right to me.  It looks better but I'm hoping with a little wet sanding and clear it will look better.  I think I have the bottom side about done.

20230512_085914.jpg

20230512_085630.jpg

20230512_085647.jpg

• Like 7