Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your summer toys! (Non-auto related)

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

But TRAINS !!! YOU GET TO DRIVE TRAINS !!! How cool is that?  :D

Operating the trains is fun, being commuter light rail, not so much. Now...if it was heavy rail, freight trains look like REAL fun!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redscampi said:

This sure brings back memories. 30 years ago I had a nearly mint 1971 CB750 Four. I bought it at a garage sale for $500...if only I'd kept it.

Oh yes you should have.  Just look at Bring a Trailer.   

• Sad 1

Right here. 1999 Honda Aero 1100. Been riding it since 2002 when I bought it with 1500 miles on it. They only made the 1100 Aeros for 5 years. This is the bike that Harley sued Honda over for infringing on the "copyright sound" of a Harley. Case dismissed.

I designed and painted the hard bag graphics and converted the turn signals to '59 Caddy taillights. Got crazy lucky that the Caddy lens diameter is the exact width of the Honda signal lenses.

MikeBike2.jpg.8b02316b2d6eb0f7683bc8a97625ddaf.jpg

• Like 2

I'll be dragging this out on select weekends. 1946-ish Michigan Noiseless reel mower by REO. The name says noiseless but it's only about 80% accurate. 🤣 Needs a roller (original is a bit rotten) but works well enough. No, I don't use it on the entire lawn. I have a rider for the yard and a Ferguson 30 with a 3 point mower for the "back 40". I've so far been too lazy to jump it so for now it's actually a mowing obstacle. 

received_403296726820478.thumb.jpeg.84ec1cec0aa138b3c64aea8fce7d2bff.jpegreceived_403296740153810.thumb.jpeg.9ec93ef77db4125ded8f732b6a839d89.jpegIMG_20230601_202450.thumb.jpg.ff567b8ba6eca09772b47b466c50cdac.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 6:17 PM, von Zipper said:

This makes mowing the grass fun ,its like riding a go cart

b5LFSFb.jpg

Wanna race? 

And BTW, thanks for calling yours a go-kart. Completely changed my whole attitude about mowing. Heck, now I'm even almost in the mood to wash this once-hated "yard appliance" and maybe even shine it up a little! B):lol:

image.png.028f9bba0f84a95f8d26fd4cdc7ff757.png

image.png.5e4c752f4338fe8b2e3e094f72d22015.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Wanna race? 

And BTW, thanks for calling yours a go-kart. Completely changed my whole attitude about mowing. Heck, now I'm even almost in the mood to wash this once-hated "yard appliance" and maybe even shine it up a little! B):lol:

image.png.028f9bba0f84a95f8d26fd4cdc7ff757.png

I'd take that bet ! 

I can do wheelies when I take the cutting deck off . 

because I cant leave any thing alone...

PaH0RnS.jpg

AwHcs4y.jpg

hWROtpP.jpg

Q5nyaP1.jpg

20 hours ago, Snake45 said:

JMKP7BC.jpg

3B4Nx4A.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, von Zipper said:

I'd take that bet ! 

I can do wheelies when I take the cutting deck off . 

because I cant leave any thing alone...

PaH0RnS.jpg

AwHcs4y.jpg

hWROtpP.jpg

Q5nyaP1.jpg

JMKP7BC.jpg

3B4Nx4A.jpg

I have an old Work Horse lawn tractor that will do wheelies.  My folks bought it new in ‘82’. When I was old enough they had me mow.  First time I dumped the clutch by accident, it brought the front wheels off the ground about a foot or more.  Scared me half to death!  Then I started doing it all the time.  I can’t believe that old mower still works at all.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, atomicholiday said:

I have an old Work Horse lawn tractor that will do wheelies.  My folks bought it new in ‘82’. When I was old enough they had me mow.  First time I dumped the clutch by accident, it brought the front wheels off the ground about a foot or more.  Scared me half to death!  Then I started doing it all the time.  I can’t believe that old mower still works at all.

My folks had a Wheel Horse, too. I started pulling wheelies on it when I was 12 or 13, back in 1966 or '67. Never got the front wheels up a foot, but I'd get 'em up at least 6 or 8 inches, and that's with the cutting deck mounted (but not engaged). Could only do it on the paved driveway, though, not on the grass. And NEVER when Dad was around! :lol:

And that old Wheel Horse is still running, too. My son still has it, though he doesn't use it. A friend of his is trying to talk him into taking it to some sort of vintage Wheel Horse show not too far from us. 

Von Zipper, now ya got me thinking. My tractor is darn close to '69 Chevrolet Hugger Orange. How do you think it would look with Z/28 stripes on it? Shouldn't take me more than an afternoon to mask 'em off and squirt 'em on with a rattlecan....B)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Snake45 said:

My folks had a Wheel Horse, too. I started pulling wheelies on it when I was 12 or 13, back in 1966 or '67. Never got the front wheels up a foot, but I'd get 'em up at least 6 or 8 inches, and that's with the cutting deck mounted (but not engaged). Could only do it on the paved driveway, though, not on the grass. And NEVER when Dad was around! :lol:

And that old Wheel Horse is still running, too. My son still has it, though he doesn't use it. A friend of his is trying to talk him into taking it to some sort of vintage Wheel Horse show not too far from us. 

Von Zipper, now ya got me thinking. My tractor is darn close to '69 Chevrolet Hugger Orange. How do you think it would look with Z/28 stripes on it? Shouldn't take me more than an afternoon to mask 'em off and squirt 'em on with a rattlecan....B)

Heck yeah!   Stripe that baby up and let's see it!

My Work Horse was heavily modified by putting  a Hurst sticker on the fender.   Pretty sure it added a few HP.😁