Model Cars Magazine Forum

Liberty Walk Kenmari Skyline

avidinha

I built this from the Aoshima kit. I made the door panels out of sheet styrene and aluminum bmf to replicate the sheet metal interior of the real car and made the steering column out of styrene rod. This was a simple kit and was fun to build. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

2pzpH1R.jpeg

rAC7wkx.jpeg

94xXOT6.jpeg

fndypxM.jpeg

vaWXjyr.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice Kenmari Skyline Andrew…I built an Aoshima Kenmari a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it too.  I like your “Works”  version, I went with a modified stock look with mine.   The baby blue paint suits this car well.  Nice work!

4 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Nicely done!

Lots of of alternative parts left over as well?

Thanks. Yeah, this kit had 3 grills, 3 tail light panels, 2 sets of mirrors, 2 sets of seats, extra speakers and stereos and a bunch of other stuff.

On 5/31/2023 at 10:16 PM, avidinha said:

I built this from the Aoshima kit. I made the door panels out of sheet styrene and aluminum bmf to replicate the sheet metal interior of the real car and made the steering column out of styrene rod. This was a simple kit and was fun to build. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

2pzpH1R.jpeg

Is there a build thread, or do you have any shots of the interior work that you did?

49 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

Is there a build thread, or do you have any shots of the interior work that you did?

Sorry, no wip pics, but here's a video of the real car so you can at least see what I was going for.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, avidinha said:

Sorry, no wip pics, but here's a video of the real car so you can at least see what I was going for.

After watching the video, I now  know what an extraordinarily good job you did of capturing/replicating the real car. I have got to keep my out for that Aoshima kit! Great model of yours Andrew.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill Eh? said:

After watching the video, I now  know what an extraordinarily good job you did of capturing/replicating the real car. I have got to keep my out for that Aoshima kit! Great model of yours Andrew.

Thanks, it was a fun kit to build. It was actually one of those former motorized toy kits.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, avidinha said:

Thanks, it was a fun kit to build. It was actually one of those former motorized toy kits.

I have a few of the more recent Aoshima kits and they are well detailed. When I think of kits that had their origins as motorized models, it usually means they have simplified chassis detail.

Is the kit you built the one shown in the Youtube video at the end?

1 hour ago, Bill Eh? said:

I have a few of the more recent Aoshima kits and they are well detailed. When I think of kits that had their origins as motorized models, it usually means they have simplified chassis detail.

Is the kit you built the one shown in the Youtube video at the end?

You're right, it's curbside with very simplified chassis.

Yes, it's the kit at the end of the video.

• Like 1