Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dick Brannan 65 Mustang A/FX

bogger44

I finished this one up a few weeks back but never got around to taking some pictures.  Not an accurate kit for replicating this car obviously, but did the best I could modifying and adding/deleting stuff to make it at least a bit closer to the real deal.  Paint is Tamiya TS-87 Titanium Gold & TS-26 Pure White.  Ended up with a couple small boogers in the gold but left them as I didn't feel like stripping it down and starting over.  Overall a really fun kit to put together, even with it's shortcomings.  Here's a listing of the most notable mods I did to it...

Ditched the straight axle and cobbled together the torsion-leaf suspension the car had up front, using some pictures as reference. 

Rear suspension was lowered some.

Wheels & tires from the parts box.

The cam covers I got during a trade with Plowboy (RIP Roger), while the carbs, intake & tubes, and oil pan came from my parts box.

Header extensions using brass tubing.

Comp. Resins hood.

Front and rear splash pans have the lights and license plate frames removed.

Bumpers had the guards/daggers? removed.

Filed down the headlight details so they resembled aluminum plates.

Trimmed out the rear quarter window louvers and put in some windows.  

Removed the windshield wipers.

Fireball Modelworks door handles.  They are for B-body Mopars, but close enough for me.

I'm sure there are a couple others that are not coming to mind right now LOL.  Thanks for looking and any comments or questions.

2v2e6hwcLxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6hsfWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6hi6WxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6hijnxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6h4knxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6hDfgxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6h4ELxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6hm3qxAKN8F.jpg

2v2e6hmt5xAKN8F.jpg

• Like 9

Oooohhh, very nice! Hard to believe you started with the stinky AMT Mustang “Funny Car” kit (too bad it doesn’t build OOB anything like the pic on the box!). Great job on the mods to the front suspension, engine, rear quarter windows, beautiful paint and all-around clean build. I particularly like the side-view stance with those mags. Bravo!

• 2 weeks later...