Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Packard and Curtiss Aerocar Trailer

Joe Lange

The Curtiss Aerocar is a 1/43 resin kit I purchased from a British model car magazine back in the '90s called Model Auto Review, (M.A.R.).  I stopped subscribing to them when they went 'fully on-line' about 2013.  I don't know if they even sell anything anymore.  The kit was extremely crude.  Not a smooth surface anywhere and quite a bit of warpage.  Oh yea,...included in the box was a full-page photocopy, (internet), of the history of the Curtiss Aerocar Company but........NO Instructions!  The Packard is a 'Super 8 convertible' from Solido diecast that I disassembled, stripped the paint from, and cut out the trunk lid.  Added the 'post' in the trunk section and painted both pieces Dupli-Color 'Pewter Metallic'.    Hope you enjoy the photos!

DSC01030.JPG

DSC01031.JPG

DSC01032.JPG

DSC01033.JPG

DSC01034.JPG

• Like 8

Beautiful.  Both of your modes brought back memories. I have a relative who had at 37 Packard Coupe for many decades and made numerous road trips in it. In April I stayed at place in Ventura California called Waypoint that has about 20 stationary restored big vintage trailers they rent to overnight guests.

8 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Beautiful.  Both of your modes brought back memories. I have a relative who had at 37 Packard Coupe for many decades and made numerous road trips in it. In April I stayed at place in Ventura California called Waypoint that has about 20 stationary restored big vintage trailers they rent to overnight guests.

Thank you, Phil.  Just checked out the website for the campground. Really liked the 'Restored Vintage' trailers!  

• 3 weeks later...