Model Cars Magazine Forum

Boss Fink...

Just got the Atlantis "Boss Fink", how very cool to have this kit re-issued...kinda. Original "Tweedy Pie with Boss Fink" kits are extremely rare and have sold for more $2000.00...when they come up for sale...which ain't that often. The Last pic is the original box art.

I'm pretty sure when Revell first offered this kit in '65 as the "Tweedy Pie with Boss Fink" it included a complete Tweedy Pie kit and the Boss Fink figure so I wuz kinda expectin ta get the figure and the complete (restored) car...silly me.

So not all the parts to build Tweedy Pie are included such as tires, decals, wheels, and other misc. pieces but I'm cool with that cuz Tweedy Pie kits I got, it's the Boss Fink Figure that that I wanted. 

Just a heads up fer those who care. 

20230624_101106.jpg

20230624_100504.jpg

20230624_100402.jpg

20230624_100348.jpg

20230629_085700.jpg

20230624_102152.jpg

Edited by Mothersworry
  • Like 2

I may be completely wrong here but:

1.  Even with the original kit, you may not have gotten all of the parts for Tweedy Pie - specifically no rubber tires.  It looks as if the original kit came with the complete Tweedy Pie chrome tree though.

2.  In the re-release kit, it appears as if they've deleted the Tweedy Pie chrome wheel pieces (8 pieces) altogether and there are no rubber tires.  This may answer my question as to why the words "Tweedy Pie" don't appear on the re-issue box - that's because you don't get all of the parts  to build Tweedy Pie.  You only get the parts to build the distorted tire version.

3.  When Outlaw with Robbin' Hood Fink was re-released in the 1990s, they included the entire chrome tree but there were no rubber tires included. I suspect that it was the same with the original 1960s issue.

This issue isn't 100% like the original.  The original issues of this and the Robbin Hood Fink did not include the vinyl tires but did have all of the other parts including the "normal" wheels which were not used.

This kit does not include the original Tweedy Pie wheels because they haven't been on the plated tree since the late Sixties. 

The early Seventies modified reissue (Rodfather) made some changes to this kit.  The air intakes on the carburetors were altered from forward facing to straight up, wheels were changed, and some original Tweedy Pie parts like the gas tank and grille shell were deleted.

The last reissue before this one (Revell restored Tweedy Pie) included new wheels and a new gas tank in the style of the original parts.  The basic kit was molded here with the new parts being made overseas.  Atlantis probably did not get the tooling for the restoration parts.

• Thanks 1

I've got basically zero interest in building the cartoony version of this kit, but I'd definitely like a few to build T-buckets with....looks like you'd need to figure out a gas tank, wheels and tires and you're about set...no biggie!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark said:

This issue isn't 100% like the original.  The original issues of this and the Robbin Hood Fink did not include the vinyl tires but did have all of the other parts including the "normal" wheels which were not used.

This kit does not include the original Tweedy Pie wheels because they haven't been on the plated tree since the late Sixties. 

The early Seventies modified reissue (Rodfather) made some changes to this kit.  The air intakes on the carburetors were altered from forward facing to straight up, wheels were changed, and some original Tweedy Pie parts like the gas tank and grille shell were deleted.

The last reissue before this one (Revell restored Tweedy Pie) included new wheels and a new gas tank in the style of the original parts.  The basic kit was molded here with the new parts being made overseas.  Atlantis probably did not get the tooling for the restoration parts.

Thanks for clarifying Mark.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:26 AM, Mothersworry said:

Just got the Atlantis "Boss Fink", how very cool to have this kit re-issued...kinda. Original "Tweedy Pie with Boss Fink" kits are extremely rare and have sold for more $2000.00...when they come up for sale...which ain't that often. The Last pic is the original box art.

I'm pretty sure when Revell first offered this kit in '65 as the "Tweedy Pie with Boss Fink" it included a complete Tweedy Pie kit and the Boss Fink figure so I wuz kinda expectin ta get the figure and the complete (restored) car...silly me.

So not all the parts to build Tweedy Pie are included such as tires, decals, wheels, and other misc. pieces but I'm cool with that cuz Tweedy Pie kits I got, it's the Boss Fink Figure that that I wanted. 

Just a heads up fer those who care. 

20230624_101106.jpg

20230624_100504.jpg

20230624_100402.jpg

20230624_100348.jpg

20230624_100332.jpg

20230624_102152.jpg

Did you get the clear plastic part for the windshield?

Mine did not have the clear windshield material.  No issue of this kit (there are many) ever had a molded windshield.  Like many other Revell kits, a piece of clear plastic was included, along with a template for the specific kit.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Mine did not have the clear windshield material.  No issue of this kit (there are many) ever had a molded windshield.  Like many other Revell kits, a piece of clear plastic was included, along with a template for the specific kit.

Maybe I wasn't clear.  I meant whether a floppy clear plastic part for the windshield comes with the kit as opposed to a hard plastic piece.

I didn't see it in the photos that Mothers worry posted above.

Edited by showrods

Many kudos to Atlantis for bringing back vintage kits like the Boss Fink. The company still has to crack open quite a few of the hundreds of vintage molds that it bought from the current owners of Revell back in 2018. Who knows what surprises that the folks at Atlantis will find inside of them.

• Like 1