Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another '49 Mercury

Andrew McD

My version of the Revell '49 Mercury custom.  Createx pearl green clear coated with Rust-Oleum Painters Touch 2x Gloss Clear.  Tamiya buff and flat white interior.  Initially I thought I might go with the full custom skirts and lake pipes but I decided I really like the look of the wheels/tires and opted for a milder custom look.  The build is strictly OOB.  Everything fit very nicely and there were no issues that I didn't bring upon myself. Perhaps someday, way down the road when my skills progress beyond kit assembly, I'll have a go at actually chopping a top.😜  On completing final assembly I concluded that I should have painted the package shelf buff instead of white.  Here are some iPhone photos from the workbench.

Wow.....weird how you can work on a model for so long and never notice that some of the parting lines you thought were well taken care of still show up when the model is photographed.  .......and I should have dusted prior to photography😡

IMG_2866.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2900.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2902.JPG

Edited by Andrew McD
Forgot to include the photos!