Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevy Nova Yenko in 1/25 Scale. Frost Green "Sleeper".

Dragonhawk1066

Here's my version of the Revell 1969 Chevy Nova Yenko, painted with a custom mix of craft paints for the body and interior. I mixed Folkart Metallic Peridot with Decoart Shimmering Silver for the body, and cleared it with Createx UVLS 4050 Gloss. I used BMF for the window trim.

The interior is done with craft paints as well, using Folkart Basil Green mixed with other greens for the different shades and I added copper wire for the door locks. The chassis was painted with Folkart Black, and I used various craft paints to give it a bit of a weathered look. I used B.F. Goodrich tires from Fireball Modelworks with parts box wheels and caps, and used copper wire for the valve stems.

The engine is painted in a craft paint mix, with spark plug wires and heater hoses added for extra detail. I also added a 350 sticker on the air cleaner to go with the 350 badges on the marker lights to complete the "sleeper" look. This was a great kit, just like the Special Edition 2 'n 1 Nova kit, and went together very well and I had a great time building it. Thanks for looking!

1.JPEG

2a.JPEG

4a.JPEG

6.JPEG

8a.JPEG

10.JPEG

13.JPEG

14b.JPEG

17.JPEG

18.JPEG

19.JPEG

20.JPEG

21.JPEG

24.JPEG

• Like 14

That is so cool and very well done! When I was a kid, my mom had a beauty shop which was located in the bottom of our house. One of the old ladies who came to get her hair done had a frost green Nova in this style. Her's had a black vinyl top and was maybe a 307 at best, but I always thought it would make a great sleeper. There was another customer that had a '70- '72 style Nova 4 door in black with either a 3 or 4 speed floor shift from the factory. I can't remember if it was a 6 or a small V8, but it was definitely weird and cool at the same time.