Model Cars Magazine Forum

4 hours ago, absmiami said:

The Rev’s Collection in Naples has one - check their website - think this is basically the same car as the Sebring entry - possibly even THE entry - their research dept has one or two part timers that could tell you - 

The Revs car is the first Abarth built. There are some slight differences to that car compared to the others. 

Not very interesting but working on the wheel wells.  In addition to being different shapes they are not aligned side-to-side with one side being more forward on the body than the other.  Trying to minimize the difference with subtle reshaping.

DSCN9463DSCN9461

• Like 3

• Made the mounting flange for the rear quarter windows, not how they did it on the 1:1 but similar to what they did on the Carrera GT
  • Relocated and opened the torsion bar access hole in the rear fender to align with the chassis
  • Made the air intake panel on the engine cover - not provided in the kit

DSCN9485DSCN9488DSCN9490

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 1:55 PM, absmiami said:

Turns out that the 356 Abarth ran the 1964 Sebring 12 - entered as #44 - could i convince you to build it in the Sebring livery for The 64 Sebring group build ?  I’ll even say …. Please … the Racingsportscars site that’s linked in the first page of the Sebring build thread has a picture - - - 

I would be interested in building the 52 car but I have no source for the decals.

6659770563 ae7611de39 o

23 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Still real pretty work, and I love the Abarth.

Interesting about the asymmetrical wheel arches. I've encountered that on real "just restored" and customized cars too...along with as much as 7/8" discrepancy in wheelbase side-to-side.

Sometimes makes for somewhat challenging handling...   :D

Thanks.  Overall I think the craftsman that created the body did a really good job despite the asymmetry.  Its not a kit I would recommend to someone as their first resin kit however.

Aaahhh I am so late to the party here

Just loving everything you are doing, especially the in progress work photos with the car on jacks and such…so cool

Digging out my kit’s photos…I got a Fujimi 356 from  an auction and inside it came with James Dean’s 550 Spyder car body as well

IMG_5767.thumb.jpeg.cefbf19161d2f6638f4d076f6daee37c.jpeg

IMG_5768.thumb.jpeg.8d2c6cd9cc3c83d6ab5c5428b907cdcc.jpeg

Also the larger classy Revell kit

IMG_3261.thumb.jpeg.d1b23bc5b7ca7a3622f3955a54046ec3.jpeg

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

6 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Aaahhh I am so late to the party here

Just loving everything you are doing, especially the in progress work photos with the car on jacks and such…so cool

Digging out my kit’s photos…I got a Fujimi 356 from  an auction and inside it came with James Dean’s 550 Spyder car body as well

IMG_5767.thumb.jpeg.cefbf19161d2f6638f4d076f6daee37c.jpeg

IMG_5768.thumb.jpeg.8d2c6cd9cc3c83d6ab5c5428b907cdcc.jpeg

Also the larger classy Revell kit

IMG_3261.thumb.jpeg.d1b23bc5b7ca7a3622f3955a54046ec3.jpeg

Thanks Scott.  Nice score particularly with the bonus 550!

• Like 1