Model Cars Magazine Forum

Unreal Edsel one wacky kit

BIGTRUCK

Why a ladder, why an outhouse door up front and why mudflaps on a AWB whose body is totally stock with the wheel base hidden by some fender skirts. This is a resin copy of the actual kit . You get the body,chassis , interior tub , dash , outhouse door ,ladder, the parts to adapt the interior to chassis and body and mud flaps. The rest is what ever AWB donor kit you want to use ,but make sure it's not one with velocity stacks or you have to cut a hood hole. Wheelie bars are parts box. UNREAL decal are vinyl letters from HobbyLobby, the other decals are parts box. With the release of the Time Machine AWB and an AMT Edsel body plus some skirts it's  pretty easy to do... the original kit in the original unique box could go up around $250 -$450. Kit is from 1967 if I remember right.

20230804_165230.jpg

20230804_165237.jpg

20230804_165305.jpg

20230804_165312.jpg

20230804_165326.jpg

20230804_165626.jpg

Screenshot_20230804_171408_eBay.jpg

Edited by BIGTRUCK
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, M W Elky said:

That looks like a really fun project . I like your’s better than the box art. Nice job on the paint & lettering. Maybe we’ll get a reissue of this one in the distant future 

Thanks, I could have saved myself some nerve wear by eliminating all the chrome trim like the box art but its done now.

Edited by BIGTRUCK