Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima 70's-ish MGB

StokeModels

As I viewed the initial post I also thought the photos were reference photos of the 1:1 cars, rather than model photos.  Absolutely amazing!  I went back to view the photo again and is still looks to me like 1:1 car, not a tiny 1:24 model.  Usually things like headlights or taillight lenses give models away, but in this case, it is all perfect!

EDIT:
I went back again now knowing for sure that it is a model and now I can see that the windshield "glass" is thicker than 1:1 glass, and that the concrete texture of the island where the pumps are is slightly rough, but I really had to concentrate to look to find things that were "off".

Edited by peteski
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, peteski said:

I can see that the windshield "glass" is thicker than 1:1 glass

Yes, and this kit has the entire windshield, frame and quarter windows as one clear piece - would be very difficult to replace. It's often the most noticeable part, as well as the chunky wipers. 🙂

3 hours ago, jaymcminn said:

Amazing. Some of the nicest weathering I've ever seen on a model car. It really looks like most of these looked by 1980 or so!

Thanks! Yes, there was an orange one in my neighbourhood that I styled this one after - would have been around 1985 I think.