Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Buffet dies at 76

Mike 1017

Back in the spring of 1993 I was at the New Orleans jazz festival watching an all girl Cajun band at one of the small stages when this guy came on stage and plugged in his guitar. The lead singer said "Lets all welcome my good friend Jimmy Buffet". He just showed up and played for an hour with this band. It was amazing. 

RIP Jimmy. 

• Like 1

You have to admire a man that passed at the beginning of a three day weekend for us to mourn and detox before going back to work on Tuesday.

Absolutely no disrespect intended or implied!  Back when concert tickets were not several days wage, I attended five of his shows through the years....not a bad one in the bunch!

• Like 1

A true original. I played his music a lot on radio as a disc jockey. I was found of a song called "Spending money", even if it is not among his biggest hits. 

Now, if you will excuse me, I'll raise a glass of California wine in his memory. After all, he famously said that "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". 

He'll be missed. 

CT