Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Phaeton ( updated photos)

randyc

I started this before my youngest was born and he just turned 16.  It has been painted for years and I have no idea where the original paint went so I had to be careful assembling AND finding all the parts and wheels.  I found it all scattered in 3 different boxes.  

3 kids used to build this one.  The AMT 32 Phaeton for the phaeton body, windshield and frame, and top.  The fenders and engine were from any of the Revell 32 Fords.  I have a bunch of those.  The frame was from the AMT phantom Vickie.   I had to scratch the interior side panels and a filler behind the rear seat.  Seats were from the Phantom Vickie as well.   I need to work on fit of the hood a bit.  It fit right till I put the radiator in.  

Paint is from a 1999 Yamaha Venture Royal Star.  I had painted 2 helmets to match a bike for a friend.  Paint was from Color Rite. That is some stinky stuff.  

I love the stance of this car.   Glad I finally dug it out and finished it. 

IMG_20230912_085257706.jpg

IMG_20230912_085300955.jpg

IMG_20230912_085310638.jpg

IMG_20230912_085329235.jpg

IMG_20230912_085347402.jpg

IMG_20230912_085357577.jpg

Edited by randyc
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, karbuildr said:

At first glance, it almost looks like a stock Phaeton. Look closer and we see a real street rod. Very nice build.

5 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking modern take on this '32, but you still just think "Gangster" when you look at this body style. Like the contrasting color of the fenders and frame. Clean looking engine and chassis details.

I wish the photos showed the paint color better.  The dark color is plum metal flake.  I'll try to get a better photo. 

And I surprised myself with the stance and feel of this one.  I thought I lost a wheel.  Glad I found it and was able to keep the wire wheels.  

• randyc changed the title to 32 Ford Phaeton ( updated photos)