Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1977 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

AMT68

I've used Dupli-Color Hampstead Green on several builds and always seem to compliment the look I wanted to achieve.  Be it Ford, Chevrolet or Chrysler it seem to be the right in-house poly sample on the color chart. 

Whether you saw it in a parking lot,  gradually overtaking it on the highway or knew of someone in the neighborhood that had the same car sitting  in the driveway.....we've all seen it.  Great build!

On 10/6/2023 at 5:55 PM, echo said:

Nice model, clean workmanship, I like the Monte Carlos too, even when GM downsized  the car , great job on the model.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:51 PM, Yeah Nah said:

Beautiful- great paint, trim and overall finish. A joy to look at! 

On 10/6/2023 at 8:07 PM, bbowser said:

That's gorgeous!  Perfect color to go with the vinyl top.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:04 PM, Hemifever said:

Really nice looking build, color choice is perfect.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:18 PM, Street Rod said:

Great looking Monte. Color fits the car perfectly, very neat build with good details.

Thanks ed, Garry, Bruce, Dennis and Doyle.  I've always preferred the first two generations of the Monte Carlo but think they still look good in the G-body era. 

On 10/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, Slotto said:

Love it! Great color choices. Nice choice of wheels too.

My first car was a '76 Monte. White with a black Landau top.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:50 PM, Mittagskind said:

Very fine looking work.

Thanks Steve and Hanjo. The Landau top was the best look on these cars. 

On 10/6/2023 at 11:52 PM, Perspective Customs said:

Beautiful. Clean build. What's this vinyl you speak off?

Thanks Jay. It's a removable black vinyl  that comes in 12"x12" sheets. I picked up a 5 pack for about 10 bucks a few years back from Amazon. It's actually much more than I'll ever need. 

17 hours ago, KWT said:

very nicely done

16 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

16 hours ago, charger74 said:

It looks great 👍🏻👍🏻

15 hours ago, Jim B said:

Nicely done.

Thanks Jeremy, Larry, Eric and James. 

15 hours ago, rickcaps55 said:

Awesome build very clean and the color combo is perfect.!! I wish they would have done the first year with that body style the 73 it had the one big round headlight at the time my brother-in-law had one in the two-tone brown.

Thanks Richard. While I like stacked lights on the '76-'77 model years I actually prefer the '73-'75's with the round lights. 

14 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

Nice build!  My body had a 74 or 75 MC with the round headlights back in the early 90's...we put tons of miles on that thing just cruising around!  Ah the good ole' days!  Nice work!

14 hours ago, gks1964 said:

NICE!!

13 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

What a great looking Monte Carlo!  This model just has the right look to it.  Very well done!

12 hours ago, Hi-Po said:

Good looking Monte with great attention to detail and paint.  Nicely done.

Thank you Barry, Gerald, John and Terry. 

12 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking showroom build. The color does seem to match what Chevrolet offered at that time and the white interior and half roof look like a good combination. Smooth paint finish and the trim details look very realistic. 

12 hours ago, thatz4u said:

nice Monte, well done

Thanks David and Al.

10 hours ago, kelson said:

Sharp looking build!, a kit that needs to be re-released.

Thanks Curtis. I agree on the need for a reissue.

8 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Just beautiful! I particularly like the attention you gave to textures. Well done Tom!

Thanks EMRE. It's a relatively quick build until the final details. Especially the time it takes for me to foil the tail light ribs. 

7 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Pretty Monty, super nice build👍

6 hours ago, karbuildr said:

Not much I can add that others haven't said but I gotta tell you, that color with the white roof is perfect. Very nice and clean build.

5 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Very nice!

Thanks Mike, David and Craig. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kah puts said:

That’s a bingo 🔥

Thanks Glen. 

2 hours ago, Steve H said:

Very crisp build Tom! Nice work on the “rub strips” very effective and adds some nice detail. The colour scheme looks great together. 

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve. I think the  rub strips on the front and rear bumpers along with the foiling for the tail light ribs are very important details in creating the proper look. 

1 hour ago, satterwhite78 said:

I've used Dupli-Color Hampstead Green on several builds and always seem to compliment the look I wanted to achieve.  Be it Ford, Chevrolet or Chrysler it seem to be the right in-house poly sample on the color chart. 

Whether you saw it in a parking lot,  gradually overtaking it on the highway or knew of someone in the neighborhood that had the same car sitting  in the driveway.....we've all seen it.  Great build!

Thanks Charles. And true the color works quite well with the light green metallics offered by GM in the mid '70's. Now if I could just find a light metallic blue that was offered during that time period. 

17 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

4 hours ago, carrucha said:

Sweet Monte Carlo.  Nice body color.  It would cool if this kit was reissued soon.

Thanks Chris and Hector. A reissue would definitely be nice. 

3 hours ago, 10543Modeler said:

Great looking Monte, did you use the Rust Oleum Crystal Clear Enamel?

Thanks Anthony. Here is a picture of the clear I used on this build and a number of others the last couple years. 

rusto.JPG

On 10/10/2023 at 9:23 AM, slusher said:

Very sharp and clean, Monte Carlo!

On 10/10/2023 at 10:23 AM, crazyjim said:

Very nice.  Love the color.

On 10/10/2023 at 11:06 AM, ewetwo said:

That is beautiful. That green is really nice.

Thank you Carl, Jim and David. I like most shades of green and fortunately this one has pretty good availability.