Model Cars Magazine Forum

10 hours ago, TonyK said:

I sent my request in too. It's too bad we have to do this since I know Model Car Magazine is not to blame.

Lately the mail service has really gotten worse than ever.

No kidding. I was tracking a package recently. It kept coming to my local distribution center and instead of to my delivery center off to somewhere far away Then back. Four times before it went out for delivery. USPS has really fallen apart, and I am sure the holidays won’t help. 

I recieved a replacement copy today, thank you. I wish I knew why USPS is not getting them to me. I used to have a subscription to Racer X that I canceled about 10 yrs ago, I  was getting half of my subscription and the ones that I  received were mangled. I hope it doesn't start getting back to that. Thanks again 

222 arrived in my mailbox today in Victoria BC Canada. I already read it cover to cover digitally but I have to admit I sure like holding and looking at the print issue better. It almost seems like a new and different issue.

17 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

I have to admit I sure like holding and looking at the print issue better. It almost seems like a new and different issue.

Yes, there is definitely something about holding a physical copy as opposed to a screen. 

Interesting comment about it seeming like a new and different issue, as we are trying a few different things to make the articles more...interesting. Maybe interesting isn't the right word, but we are trying to kick things up a notch. Nothing crazy, no drastic changes, but a few little tweaks here and there. So thanks for noticing!

:)

As an aside, when the magazine goes to print, the printer handles the bulk mailing. They do the labels and get everything mailed off. However they do it is very different than when Dave sends out replacement copies. That's why some of you get replacement copies in a very timely manner, while the original issue takes a long time. Now an interesting thing that happened with this issue. As a writer and as part of the editorial staff, I get multiple copies. I had a few arrive around the 18th of December. And a few more copies arrived today. Keeping in mind, these were all mailed by our printer at the exact same time. 

Weird.

23 hours ago, Ridge Rider said:

I recieved a replacement copy today, thank you. I wish I knew why USPS is not getting them to me. I used to have a subscription to Racer X that I canceled about 10 yrs ago, I  was getting half of my subscription and the ones that I  received were mangled. I hope it doesn't start getting back to that. Thanks again 

We used to have that problem a lot. The mail handling machines don't like naked magazines. The printer puts them in a poly bag, which seems to have remediated the shipping damage. It's extra cost, but seems to be worth it. 

Whoa, I hadn't been paying attention recently to the delivery issues, what with being busy with life.  I JUST got my Issue #222 yesterday (Saturday) in Nor Cal.  Was it just delayed, mis-processed by USPS, or did you guys send out a supplemental mailing?  Still, I'm happy to have gotten it.

22 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Whoa, I hadn't been paying attention recently to the delivery issues, what with being busy with life.  I JUST got my Issue #222 yesterday (Saturday) in Nor Cal.  Was it just delayed, mis-processed by USPS, or did you guys send out a supplemental mailing?  Still, I'm happy to have gotten it.

I assume we got caught in some kind of holiday crush, but the delivery on this issue was atrocious. We've already sent out a record number of replacement issues. The odd thing was they were doing so well earlier this year. If we send out replacement issues, we send them first class instead of bulk.