Model Cars Magazine Forum

Warren Johnson Vega

Hicksie1995

Here’s my Warren Johnson Vega. Took some work but I’m pretty happy with the final product. Wish I would have done a little more research before getting to the painting process but oh well lol. The wheels, and intake are resin parts I had. The valve covers I also had laying in a parts box and the engine is from the revell nova. Other then that a couple small details, a flashy paint job and it was ready for assembly. 

IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_3922.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg

IMG_3921.jpeg

IMG_3924.jpeg

IMG_3923.jpeg

IMG_3925.jpeg

IMG_3917.jpeg

• Like 11

Hmm,I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about drag racing.But I guess not as knowledgeable as i thought.I never knew Warren Johnson ever raced a Vega..🤔😄Wow,you learn something new all the time.Great job on this pretty rare drag car.Just a bit before my time.Lol..Here’s the real car,as well as a 1/18th scale version,well for a $145 that is.

IMG_8340.jpeg

IMG_8339.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:50 PM, dragcarz said:

Hey Lewis, did you have this at ACME this year? It’s a beautiful build.

Yessir I did. Had it right up front lol. 

Thanks everybody. This was just a build I wanted to throw together pretty quick. Turned into way more when I realized how much I didn’t like the grumpy kit how it came lol.