Model Cars Magazine Forum

New tool....

hedotwo

I spend the majority of my hobby time restoring glue bombs that usually require lots of bodywork.  I may be crazy, but this is the part of the hobby I like best.  Because of this weird passion I've aquired a ton of tools to deal with all sorts of repairs and I thought I'd gotten all I need.  But, I recently picked up a pack of two Tamiya scraper blades from Amazon and I'm sold on these.  They're super sharp and just require a gentle drag back and forth on a seam line, or whatever, and it's gone.  So far they seem to hold their edge really well too.  Maybe these aren't new to a lot of us, but they were to me.  I still like my assortment of riffler files equally though.  Just my two cents.....

IMG_7527 (Medium).jpg

IMG_7528 (Medium).jpg

IMG_7529 (Medium).jpg

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Oldriginal86 said:

And where would one find these? I know crazy question. Found them on Amazon.

They are also available from Scale Hobbyist and similar vendors for those (like me) who would rather support hobby specific businesses.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, R. Thorne said:

Do they fit a regular hobby knife or only Tamiya’s pricey one?

You're right, I guess only Tamiya's pricey ones.  These are just a smidge wider than a typical #11 blade, so unless you can either widen your holders a bit, or narrow the blade, you're stuck unfortunately.  I guess I didn't realize this as I already had Tamiya holders.  Thanks for pointing this out.