Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2022 Corvette Stingray C8 Z5

Luc Janssens

Maybe it's just his build, but this isn't making me want one. I'm looking at the fit of the wheels and the ride height, especially in the back. Plus the fit of the headlight lenses. 

I'll wait until I see people build it for real, and not something just thrown together. Yes, I know this is just a test kit, but still...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Maybe it's just his build, but this isn't making me want one. I'm looking at the fit of the wheels and the ride height, especially in the back. Plus the fit of the headlight lenses. 

I'll wait until I see people build it for real, and not something just thrown together. Yes, I know this is just a test kit, but still...

My sentiments exactly.

• 4 months later...
20 minutes ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Thinking that I heard about a late summer release. Pumped about the kit as we see them on the streets and it's a tease!

Thanks.

We have about a dozen in our Corvette club including a Z06

8 hours ago, Len Woodruff said:

I am not able to find any release dates on this kit. They showed both tthee Hardtop and Convertible at NNL east so I would thing it would be close to release.

Next two months or so was what was intimated at NNL East.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Next two months or so was what was intimated at NNL East.

Thanks. I am just surprised I can't find any on the hobby sites so you can pre-order? But if Revell hasn't released any info then they won't have it either.

2 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

Right-hand drive?!

Yes the C8 Vettes are being built RHD from the factory for the first time. No more expensive after-delivery in-country conversions. GM sold 300 RHD Vettes in Japan in less than 3 days when it was announced the cars would be RHD straight off the boat.

For the kit since the C8 is mid-engined and the "frunk" is molded shut creating a RHD set up is a dashboard, center console, pedals, and scuttle panel/wipers. The way the car/kit are with a flat chassis aero plate you don't get/see the parts of the front suspension that would different (aka mirrored steering column/box).

11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Last time I asked about that, back when the C8.R was still a thing, I was told point blank - No.

Presuming the same still goes for the C8.GT3 that's the global racing platform now. 

I would think they would do the C8.GT3 since it racing in the WEC which races in europe & asia.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Len Woodruff said:

I would think they would do the C8.GT3 since it racing in the WEC which races in europe & asia.

Since WEC & IMSA adopted the GT3 specs to supersede the GTE/GT LM rules, the Vette is racing in GTWC, IMSA, and everything else.  It's a full-on Customer Racing platform now, not something being confined to "Factory" Works teams the way the prior iterations of the Corvette had been...still I get the indication that Revell doesn't have any interest in making a racing version of it.  I'm not sure how well the prior Corvette racing kits have sold, or the Ford GT, but a lot of it would come down to how bad GM wants to see it get done, and the C8.GT3 actually doing something special during the seasons.  Maybe if it dominated GT3 LM this summer...

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 8:08 AM, Len Woodruff said:

If anyone is likely to do the GT3 version of the C8 it will be NuNu since they're the company most actively pursuing kitting the GT3 grid. However, they've just announced the BMW M4 GT3 which especially with Valentino Rossi at the wheel makes for much better sales potential than the relatively tepid Corvette.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

If anyone is likely to do the GT3 version of the C8 it will be NuNu since they're the company most actively pursuing kitting the GT3 grid. However, they've just announced the BMW M4 GT3 which especially with Valentino Rossi at the wheel makes for much better sales potential than the relatively tepid Corvette.

The M4 has been floating around since Shizouka last year and it'll probably be 2027 before it sees the light of day, even n if NuNu insists it'll be out before the end of 2024. Tell anyone that's been waiting for 4 years to see that 2018 "Pink Pig" RSR 911 to arrive about blown delivery dates.

The M4 is also going to come as Sheldon van der Linde's 2022 DTM Championship car out of the box, so you'll need LB Production or S.K. Decals to fill in the gap as usual. 

One would expect the C8 from Revell because they've kitted the past 3 generations of Corvette, and they have am extensive working relationships with Pratt & Miller from those kits.

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1