Model Cars Magazine Forum

New truck/trailer kits?

Ok guys if there was one model of truck or trailer that you would like to see in kit form what would it be?  Something that hasn’t been done before and preferably something modern.  My first thought would be a 389 flat top Pete with a hopper bottom grain trailer or Wilson cattle pot. 

Edited by zaina
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jim B said:

Not that it will happen, but I'd like to see some of the newer Freightliners like the Columbia or Cascadia.  They seem to be everywhere in US highways.

I wouldn’t say never. I am working on gathering info to see what the popular opinion is. If it happens I will likely proceed with a 3d printed model kit of the popular truck. 

My friends 2023 short noseIMG_0169.thumb.jpeg.05f907e4a9da6ebbb199c802aed28f2d.jpegWould love to see a late model T800IMG_1691.jpeg.095bdea06e60b108224732af59e94367.jpeg Kenworth with the angular roof line as a day cab or sleeper option. This cab was used as logging truck , dump truck OTR, etc. There was a long hood and short hood version as well. 

Edited by Gary Chastain
Better picture

4 hours ago, Jim B said:

Not that it will happen, but I'd like to see some of the newer Freightliners like the Columbia or Cascadia.  They seem to be everywhere in US highways.

I was on vacation on the west coast in the US two months ago on Tuesday and I saw Cascadias everywhere on the highways...so I would like to see one of them as a model kit.
They are also popular with different racing teams....so a Freightliner Cascadia and a Featherlite style race transport trailer for me please.

Edited by Force
  • Like 1

A good topic to discuss. The aftermarket 3d printed/resin suppliers will be the most likely source of future truck kits and conversion parts. 

For modern subjects, there are many I’d like to see, and I’d be happy with just about anything. But, at the moment, a Kenworth T660 would be great. As a bonus, its cab/sleeper could be used for other Kenworth models.

If I do a wishlist there are many new truck kits I want to see.
Kenworth W900L, T660, T680, T700, T800, K100E, Peterbilt 379, 389, 579, 589, 352H, 362, Mack Titan, Freightliner Cascadia...tell me when to stop. 😉

Edited by Force
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 4:32 PM, Fat Brian said:

Another low hanging fruit would be a 351 hood for the California Hauler. 

Yes that would be nice since the AITM stuff is unavailabe since Dave passed and Doug shut down.

I'd like to see more modern trucks.

Freightliner Cascadia

image.jpeg

Mack ANthem

image.jpeg

Or even a medium duty truck, like the Freightliner M2-106

image.jpeg

Not sure if this one qualifies, but a full detail kit of a Ford F550 (or Ram 5500? would be pretty cool too. Lots of possibilities for builds.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Force said:

Yes that would be nice since the AITM stuff is unavailabe since Dave passed and Doug shut down.

There is a lot of this kind of stuff out that's not a whole kit but would sell really well if it was done right.

I'd be in for a new modern car hauler. That F550 mentioned would be great, especially with a low profile dump trailer! I'd be in for a Mack Anthem too. I see ST Supply carries a day cab version, but a sleeper version would be what I'd like.

Those modern trucks are boring with their aerodynamic look with plastic bumpers, sideskirts and minimal chrome. But there are a few that are worth to made into 1725 or 1724 scale.  What about an International 9800 COE or Volvo VNL. 

Get back in the old days a correct frame in a Mack Superliner or Brockway  761. A Sterling A-Line truck would be great. Also a Corbitt Tallboy or Ford H-Series are a must.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2024 at 5:43 PM, leafsprings said:

Why not a double shot? Very common in western states, transfer dump with pup trailer. Could be mated to any existing 3 axle truck chassis. I would prefer 70's versions.

623900f4-6781-4f9c-8f54-532a819b4be2.png

Being from the Midwest, I never saw such a set up until I traveled out west maybe 10 years ago. Thought it was strange looking at first. But, I suppose someone traveling trough Michigan for the first time would wonder why we have 8-axle tanker trailers and gravel “trains” with twin 3-axle trailers and a 2-axle dollies. 11 axles in total wiggling down the road.