Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Cudas

I got the red one awhile back, and was not impressed with the kit.  There were some fit issues with the bumpers, engine bay, and chassis.  I also didn't like the lack of decals and headlight lenses.  I thought I could do better and have been wanting to get another kit for awhile.  I had a lot of other kits I wanted first, and as costs went up, I just couldn't afford another.  Well, I didn't have any projects on the bench and the price was right; so i decided to get a second one and build it the way I would want one. 

The kit is still bad.  They haven't improved on the fit issues; the bumpers being the most major.  The chassis fit is also pretty bad and I had a hard time getting the front end on.  They also still don't have headlight lenses, but the did listen to complaints about decals and added some emblem decals.  They aren't great, but at least they tried.  The headlight lenses I did use were some from the parts box. 

53462038973_4aaf572abd_k.jpgSAM_1550 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53460987287_21d3edcc46_k.jpgSAM_1551 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53462220209_3ea223dcfb_k.jpgSAM_1552 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53461907486_cdf8811da2_k.jpgSAM_1553 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

44394804771_9c09606e58_k.jpg1 (146) by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

29457868237_3aeef1cc66_k.jpg1 (148) by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 6

Excellent work! I really love the Sublime & black. This is my least favorite Cuda body style, and after reading about your experiences in hoping the fit issues would be corrected, I will not be buying one of these (straight up reissue- how disappointing).