Model Cars Magazine Forum

Original Mach Won!

Dave Armstrong

Very nice.  I wonder if the reissue will drop the $200 asking prices of the vintage kits.  I’ll buy one just to get the fresh stock 70 body to build a Mach1 351 or 428 using parts from some glue bombs I have.

Congrats on the courage to build a rare kit. Looks nice.

A few questions....is this the same chassis as the AMT Vega? Is the body a stock body? Also, where did you source the decals?

39 minutes ago, iBorg said:

Congrats on the courage to build a rare kit. Looks nice.

A few questions....is this the same chassis as the AMT Vega? Is the body a stock body? Also, where did you source the decals?

Mike, glad you like it. I build my rare kits all the time, they're meant to be built, not hoarded.

No, the chassis is not the same. It does appear to be a stock body. I got the decals several years ago, I believe it was Bruce Sadewater; sells on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=253939551761&hash=item3b1ffa0e11%3Ag%3A~osAAOSw5cNYOuy9%3Ark%3A37%3Apf%3A0&_ssn=us2014-sm&_sop=10&rt=nc&_pgn=2

Though he may not have them up right now, you could always write and make a request.

On 1/19/2024 at 11:42 PM, Dave Armstrong said:

Mike, glad you like it. I build my rare kits all the time, they're meant to be built, not hoarded.

No, the chassis is not the same. It does appear to be a stock body. I got the decals several years ago, I believe it was Bruce Sadewater; sells on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=253939551761&hash=item3b1ffa0e11%3Ag%3A~osAAOSw5cNYOuy9%3Ark%3A37%3Apf%3A0&_ssn=us2014-sm&_sop=10&rt=nc&_pgn=2

Though he may not have them up right now, you could always write and make a request.

I couldn’t agree more…. Kits should be built! Thank you for sharing this beautiful build!

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, McLorange said:

Fantastic build Dave!  I just got the reissued kit and was wondering if you still have any of the original kit decals that you didn't use I would be interested.

Thanks!

Thanks, glad you liked it Frank!

I generally keep all of my decals , even ones I don't use; unfortunately, not only did I not particularly like these decals, they were also old and chipped from all those years in the box- so they're long gone, pitched when I built this kit, which was several years ago. If I still had them I would joyfully gift them to you! The other kits in the pic are still complete with decals in their boxes, but I'm going to keep them complete.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...