Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do we have release/shipping info on the AMT Mach Won funny car?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Heads up this reissue of this kit does not come with the rear window louvers !

Did the original ones attach on the outside of the window or where they molded into the rear window?

5 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I must say the Decals suck. Come on Round 2 do a better job on the decals and missing the louvers is a bit of a downer !

How are the decals sub-par? Content? Actual Quality of application?

I've heard a couple complaints that the decals in the new Ford Pickups are stiff and hard to apply. Is this happening with the Mach Won Decals?

Or are they just lack luster in content?

I'm curious.

Alan

Edited by stavanzer

I asked about the louver because I can't say I have ever seen a built example of the Mach Won that had it.  I myself have two previously built originals, neither of those have it.  To take it further, I don't recall having seen a built '70 Mach I annual kit with one either. 

It's similar to the phone booth in the Touch Tone Terror reissue.  Tooling for it doesn't exist anymore, it's not exactly the most important thing in the kit, making it not worth retooling for a single issue.

• Like 1

I'd look at one of the Revell '69  kits if you absolutely had to have the rear window louvers - but they were the SHIXXZZNIT in the day. 

Resin industry will have to come up with an interior.  The AMT '69-70 body is wider than any MPC or previous AMT kit, so we wait. (Stay tuned for further developments.)

Chassis and engine bits were carried into the '71-73 AMT Mach 1s and the road racers that followed (sorry if that is repeating.) Bad for them, good for this kit. 

As an alt, the new(er) tool AMT '67 Mustang GT/Shelby GT350 chassis and engine compartment would work but need to measure. The Revell '68 shelf kit made from Bullitt might be a good chassis engine donor.  The comparatively HTF Shelby GT diecast would probably have the same bits if you were opposed to Zamac for your build. 

3 hours ago, stavanzer said:

How are the decals sub-par? Content? Actual Quality of application?

I've heard a couple complaints that the decals in the new Ford Pickups are stiff and hard to apply. Is this happening with the Mach Won Decals?

Or are they just lack luster in content?

I'm curious.

Alan

They are  Lack Luster at best , a little more creativity would do the trick . 

Edited by Mr mopar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark said:

I asked about the louver because I can't say I have ever seen a built example of the Mach Won that had it.  I myself have two previously built originals, neither of those have it.  To take it further, I don't recall having seen a built '70 Mach I annual kit with one either. 

It's similar to the phone booth in the Touch Tone Terror reissue.  Tooling for it doesn't exist anymore, it's not exactly the most important thing in the kit, making it not worth retooling for a single issue.

My AMT ‘70 annual has it, but I don’t know if the previous issues of the Mach Won has it.  It’s not shown in the box art that I can see.