Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1968 Dodge Charger R/T in 1/25 Scale. Red w/ Black Stripe.

Dragonhawk1066

My latest build, the Revell 1968 Dodge Charger R/T. I used Delta Ceramcoat Fire Red for the body, and Folkart Pure Black for the vinyl top. 
I cleared the body with Createx High Gloss Clear, and the top with Createx Matte Clear. The trim was done with Bare Metal Foil, I used 
Fireball Modelworks white letter decals on the tires, and I added valve stems to the wheels. The interior is painted with Anita's Glossy Black and cleared with Createx Satin Clear. I used embossing powder to simulate carpeting, and I added door lock knobs. The engine is painted with custom mixed craft paints, and I added spark plug wires and battery cables for extra detail. There was a minor fit issue with the rear end assembly that required moving the wheel/tire assemblies further from the frame and also moving the whole assembly forward about 2 mm to center the wheels/tires in the fender wells. Despite that, this was a great kit and a joy to build. As always, thanks for looking!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

12.JPG

15.JPG

17.JPG

20.JPG

21.JPG

22.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

30.JPEG

• Like 17

Beautiful example!

The red suits it fabulously!

I was interested to hear of the rear end fitment issues.

A little while back when I used this chassis for my '68 Coronet build, I also had to move the rear axle forward a little, as well as widen the track.

I thought that is was probably just because I was transplanting it into a different body.

Maybe not. :huh:

Steve

21 hours ago, Steamboat said:

Well done!  Very nice, clean build.  The detail on the Magnum 500 wheels is especially nice.

21 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

Good Lord, that is fantastic!  Wowzers!

20 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great looking Charger.  Really well done.

20 hours ago, RichCostello said:

That tomato on the shifter will get too ripe soon!

20 hours ago, Hmann68 said:

Beautiful job on the best looking car ever! Very nice 👍👍

19 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

To me best model year Charger by a mile. Superb job Craig!

12 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That looks amazing! The vinyl top really sets it off.

10 hours ago, Horrorshow said:

Wow….great work!

10 hours ago, Tom99 said:

An awesome build!!

9 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Fantasitc!  Great looking Charger.

5 hours ago, Hi-Po said:

NICE!  Neat and clean.

5 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

x2 . The black/red combo makes it so classic. Awesome build, I like everything about it.

3 hours ago, Bainford said:

Good looking Charger, Craig. Nice paint work.

1 hour ago, Supernurd said:

Those are beautiful cars. 👍

1 hour ago, shoopdog said:

Absolutely an awesome build!

1 hour ago, bogger44 said:

Excellent build and those colors work so well together on that beautiful body.  Nice job on widening the track width and centering the tires up, had to do that on mine as well.

14 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

Man, I am diggin' that Charger. Absolutely gorgeous build and the color is spot on. Outstanding details all around.

Thanks a bunch guys!!

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Beautiful example!

The red suits it fabulously!

I was interested to hear of the rear end fitment issues.

A little while back when I used this chassis for my '68 Coronet build, I also had to move the rear axle forward a little, as well as widen the track.

I thought that is was probably just because I was transplanting it into a different body.

Maybe not. :huh:

Steve

Thank you Steven! Yes, that unfortunately is how how it's kitted. The track issue is nullified with wider tires, but the rear end assembly does still need to be moves forward no matter the wheel/tire assembly. Still a fantastic kit, even with that issue!

1 hour ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Thanks a bunch guys!!

Thank you Steven! Yes, that unfortunately is how how it's kitted. The track issue is nullified with wider tires, but the rear end assembly does still need to be moves forward no matter the wheel/tire assembly. Still a fantastic kit, even with that issue!

I agree.

It's a nice kit!

Terrific for raiding parts for your other '68-'70 kit bashing projects as well! :D

Steve

• Like 1