Model Cars Magazine Forum

So we have the 71 Demon and 68 Coronet Hdtp kits coming out; what's next that will knock our socks off?

12 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

I’d like to see them release a ‘73 Dodge Dart Swinger kit but as a 3 in 1 kit (stock, street, drag)

Same here, the first car I bought was a yellow 73 swinger, black vinyl roof, slant 6 automatic. But it's more like that we'd have a blizzard in July.

On 2/7/2024 at 7:26 AM, fairlane1320 said:

The AMT Talladega has serious issues with the nose and grill. The nose doesn't fit at all, and the sides are shaped wrong. The grill is too narrow; the Talladega, Fairlane and Cobra all used the same grill. I tried modifying the nose piece to accept the correct grill, it didn't go well. 😄       

TBH, I don't have one.  I DO have a couple of the Revell/Monogram Talledegas but I think they're closer to 1/24.  I was toying with the idea of doing a body swap with the Polar Lights racing version but I've got too many plans for cars with "21" on the side and likely the P/L kit's racing mods vs a stock R/M kit would make it not worth the effort.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:48 PM, Stef said:

Over the past 5-6 years, I've tracked down many of my old MPC grails, through sacred sealed and open originals, decent builtups, tragic gluebombs, dusty promos, and especially, Round 2's loving acts of God.

There still remain a few highly elusive MPC gems I would love love love to get my hands on:

x1.jpg

I have the rear portion of this and the frame. If ya want it, it's yours.  Maybe bash with the current Custom '68 Corvette would make something cool.  

image.thumb.png.fdd8e28153c20125a6a41056b7c13be5.png

Edited by Sledsel

2 hours ago, Sledsel said:

I have the rear portion of this and the frame. If ya want it, it's yours.  Maybe bash with the current Custom '68 Corvette would make something cool.  

image.thumb.png.fdd8e28153c20125a6a41056b7c13be5.png

I have blue molded parts to them as well if anyone wants it. Glue bomb but you never know. Free. :) 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 9:12 AM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I think we already know the answer to this question, at least in the short term.

The 1960 Ford pickup.

The 1963 Ford Pickup.

The 1964 Chevy Chevelle.

I think that's a pretty good start!

Steve

For me personally. None of the above do anything for me.  Saying that I have a pile in the garage odds are i will never complete in my lifetime. So its REALLY gonna have to be something special to make me open my wallet. 

Now, A 1968 Olds 442 would catch my interest.,,,,Just sayin

2 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

For me personally. None of the above do anything for me.  Saying that I have a pile in the garage odds are i will never complete in my lifetime. So its REALLY gonna have to be something special to make me open my wallet. 

Now, A 1968 Olds 442 would catch my interest.,,,,Just sayin

Of course, everybody has their own interests, but I think with the recent revelations from Round-2 of kits that were all but expected to never return, ie, the ‘64 Olds, ‘63 Nova wagon, ‘68 Coronets, ‘71 Demon, ‘64 Chevelle, the Ford trucks, etc, I think the only conclusion is that they’re exceeding all expectations.

There will no doubt be more surprises in the future, and I’m certain that everyone will find something that they will be exceedingly happy with.

Steve

• Like 3