Model Cars Magazine Forum

" On the Bench" 2/10/24 : Dalton Walker`s Orange Triumph Hauler

Hello......I will be building this Replica of Dalton Walkers: Orange Triumph Hauler.......I would like to thank  my friend Keven with Frankie`s Hobby & Horror Shoppe for 3D Printing such a Fabulous body and exhaust pipes for the build.......and thank you Steve A. for 3D Printing the: Wheels, Tires,Crabs, taillight ends and Frog Mouth Scoops.....Fantastic work Steve,Thank You!!!!!.......I will be using some vintage Revell 1/25 Triumph and H/D parts packs for the bikes......and I will be doing a lot of scratch building.

thanks for looking

DSCF2464.jpg

DSCF2465.jpg

DSCF2463.jpg

DSCF2462.jpg

DSCF2461.jpg

13482907_1084970001569892_1357022193080156054_o.jpg

13576842_10206420265976629_2130303512530489055_o.jpg

• Like 6

Hello.....I did some work on the Truck and the Bike.......I made a ramp for the Bike, I made some radius Rods and started on a front end.....I made a steering wheel......I made some structure for the bottom of the truck.....mocked up the engine......I made as sissy bar, tail light, front end exhaust pipes ,handle bars for the bike........thanks for looking

DSCF2598.jpg

DSCF2600.jpg

DSCF2603.jpg

DSCF2599.jpg

DSCF2601.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.....thank you all for the kind comments.....I really do appreciate them......I made some rear radius rods......worked a little more on the interior,I made seats and the rear interior......modified a radiator to fit.....I made a steering wheel........I used the engine and part of the frame of the bike and modified the fender and scratch built the front end ,sissy bar, exhaust pipes and a bunch of other parts .......my friend Steve A. 3D printed the wheels and tires for the Truck and the Bike.....thanks for looking. 

DSCF2625.jpg

DSCF2630.jpg

DSCF2621.jpg

DSCF2622.jpg

DSCF2623.jpg

• Like 1

This is such a wild custom, and the work involved that you are doing is really great.  It's too bad more people on here aren't checking out this section to see your work.  It was fun learning some new 3D printing techniques to help you out with this build.  Can't wait to see how the finished model comes out.  I bet it will be a big winner at some shows.

Steve A.

Hello.....Thank you all so very much for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them.....I painted Alclad on the  3-D Printed Truck and Bike wheels that Steve A. printed me ......and painted the  3-D Truck Rear Cheater Slicks and front tires black that Steve A. printed me......thanks Steve........I made a fuel tank and electric pump and painted them Alclad......I got color on the Truck its a mix of HOK Sunset Pearl with Lucious Orange Tropical Glitz......I got color on the bike HOK Zenith Gold with Fanta Orange Tropical Glitz with a Tropical Glitz Lucious Orange fade........I got the bike engine installed ,I added some nut and bolt ends from Pro Tech ......I painted the engine Alcad and HOK white......thanks for looking.

DSCF2644.jpg

DSCF2643.jpg

DSCF2646.jpg

DSCF2642.jpg

DSCF2638.jpg

Nice Alclad and paint on the wheels and tires.  The paint on the truck and the motorcycle look really great also.  Can't wait to see it finished up.

Steve A.

On 2/17/2024 at 2:36 AM, John Teresi said:

Hello.....I did some work on the Truck and the Bike.......I made a ramp for the Bike, I made some radius Rods and started on a front end.....I made a steering wheel......I made some structure for the bottom of the truck.....mocked up the engine......I made as sissy bar, tail light, front end exhaust pipes ,handle bars for the bike........thanks for looking

DSCF2598.jpg

DSCF2600.jpg

DSCF2603.jpg

DSCF2599.jpg

DSCF2601.jpg

Oh, the chopper is fantastic. Motorcycles are so incredibly difficult to build, you've really captured it. The early 70s (late 60s?) was a cool experimental period.

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/Tord_Enström

Posted (edited)

Hello......thank you all so very much for the kind comments.....I really do appreciate them.....I Made a fuel tank and electric fuel pump.....I added a battery ......and attached the radius rods and steering linkage......I made a brake booster and attached brake lines......I flocked the interior and attached the rear and front axle and attached the wheels and tires......I also attached the seats,steering wheel and the  bike ramp.......I will add finished inside pics next......thanks for looking

DSCF2657.jpg

DSCF2665.jpg

DSCF2669.jpg

DSCF2674.jpg

DSCF2659.jpg

DSCF2668.jpg

DSCF2656.jpg

DSCF2663.jpg

Edited by John Teresi