Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped 36 roadster

jrworden

At the risk of repeating what everyone else said, what a stunning example of a 36 roadster!  So much to like.  The hood treatment is very interesting and has given me ideas for my full sized custom 35 Phaeton - thank you!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 5:58 PM, Dave Darby said:

Absolutely gorgeous. Bonus that the 5 window coupe has the correct door length for the roadster. Great job on a not easy to build kit.

Dave,  The coupe door length is too short for a roadster. I cut the drivers door out of a roadster and  enlarged the coupe opening to fit. The pass side coupe door cut was filled and I scribed the roadster cut.   Thank you for commenting.  John

7 hours ago, jrworden said:

Dave,  The coupe door length is too short for a roadster. I cut the drivers door out of a roadster and  enlarged the coupe opening to fit. The pass side coupe door cut was filled and I scribed the roadster cut.   Thank you for commenting.  John

The 5 window coupe door is the correct length for a real 1:1 roadster. The AMT roadster doors are too long, as they share the door length with the 3 window coupe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave Darby said:

The 5 window coupe door is the correct length for a real 1:1 roadster. The AMT roadster doors are too long, as they share the door length with the 3 window coupe. 

Oh brother, I did not know that. All that extra work. Oh well I'm calling it a custom. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL  Going forward,  it will be interesting to see who does/does not notice. Thank you.....I think.  

• Like 1

On 2/21/2024 at 9:04 PM, jrworden said:

Oh brother, I did not know that. All that extra work. Oh well I'm calling it a custom. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. LOL  Going forward,  it will be interesting to see who does/does not notice. Thank you.....I think.  

Next to nobody will notice. 

• Like 1