Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Mustang Pro Street

Zippi

14 hours ago, carl63_99 said:

Looks really nice. I sure hope you remove the "TM GM" on the bottom of the chassis.

Thanks man.

13 hours ago, FoMoCo66 said:

What he said ^^^^^^^

Much obliged.

I now have a rolling chassis so I did a mock-up to make sure things are where they are supposed to be.  Still need a little more clearance at the back of the hood opening.  I'm going to try and rattle can this one as I really like the Tamiya TS-51 Racing Blue.  Tamiya doesn't have this color in the acrylic paint that I normally use.

20240227_092629.jpg

20240227_092613.jpg

20240227_091554.jpg

20240227_084511.jpg

20240227_094149.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Keef said:

Looking great so far!! Have you figured out what you’re going to do for the interior yet?

Thanks man.  I have not figured out the interior yet.

18 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Thanks man.  I have not figured out the interior yet.

I’ll be watching, I have the same idea as you with the pro street setup, just couldn’t figure out the interior thing lol

On 2/26/2024 at 7:52 AM, Zippi said:

Thanks for taking a look see.  

As always Carl, I appreciate your comments.

Thanks for taking a peak Stephen and thanks for the support on my channel dude.  I'll be posting another video soon.

Already watched it, left a Like, commented, and Shared as always, brother 😊👍

15 hours ago, Keef said:

I’ll be watching, I have the same idea as you with the pro street setup, just couldn’t figure out the interior thing lol

I have half of the interior issue solved.  Not sure what to do with the back of the door panels.

20240228_085545.jpg

20240228_091831.jpg

1 hour ago, bobss396 said:

Pro Street is neat, very well done. I have plans on doing a '55 Chevy once I finish the other 22 stalled projects I got going...

Thanks.  Haha...I hear ya man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zippi said:

I have half of the interior issue solved.  Not sure what to do with the back of the door panels.

20240228_085545.jpg

20240228_091831.jpg

Time to brush up on those scratch building skills. :) couple styrene triangle side filler panels and a simple floor between the tubs to the back window should do it IMHO.

24 minutes ago, Duddly01 said:

Time to brush up on those scratch building skills. :) couple styrene triangle side filler panels and a simple floor between the tubs to the back window should do it IMHO.

Yup, I hear ya.

Well, I shot some chrome on the bumpers and grille yesterday and it was a fail.  I'll need to strip them and start over.

*Update*  I have now stripped all the script off the car and the bumpers will be painted body color for a more modern Pro Street look.  

20240228_093415.jpg

Edited by Zippi

I’m a little late to the party… Looking great Bob! These cars do look good tubbed out. That engine is very sinister looking, love it. As for the interior issue, exactly what Donald said above ^^^^. The blue is a great choice too. 

Cheers, Steve

46 minutes ago, Steve H said:

I’m a little late to the party… Looking great Bob! These cars do look good tubbed out. That engine is very sinister looking, love it. As for the interior issue, exactly what Donald said above ^^^^. The blue is a great choice too. 

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve.  Never late to the party.  Just leave your party gift on the table at the front door 😋