Model Cars Magazine Forum

1853 F100

RickJ

This old kit was a tough one. Lots of flash and numerous fit issues. I initially was going to make this an old beater parts truck but decided to go this route instead. Not my best build but it was fun.

P1020053.jpg

P1020065.jpg

P1020066.jpg

P1020067.jpg

P1020068.jpg

• Like 7

On 2/25/2024 at 1:08 PM, RickJ said:
20 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint color and finish. Like the interior trim. What did you use for the seat pattern inserts? 

For the seat pattern inserts I did a google search for red plaid images. Scaled it to size I wanted and printed on plain paper. After glue dried I shot it with dullcoat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:08 PM, RickJ said:

Well, bad typing day. 1953 not 1853 LOL.

Oh, and here I was going to go back and re-watch all the old episodes of Little House to see if Charles was driving one! No worries, I typo year digits all the time. Nice looking build, by the way.

Edited by Dave Darby

Nicely done! Nice color choice and smooth paint. This is one of those kits that been a long time favorite of mine. 

I will point out on the optional Hemi the sparkplugs are centered in the head. The plug wires would route under the raised center on the valve covers entering through the rear. Most kits that have stock 1st generation Hemi's don't have the rear of the wire cover correctly extended off the rear of the valve covers due to the shape interfering with the ejection of the tree. 

11980901-1958-chrysler-392-hemi-engine-thumb_1.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 8:44 PM, Phirewriter said:

Nicely done! Nice color choice and smooth paint. This is one of those kits that been a long time favorite of mine. 

I will point out on the optional Hemi the sparkplugs are centered in the head. The plug wires would route under the raised center on the valve covers entering through the rear. Most kits that have stock 1st generation Hemi's don't have the rear of the wire cover correctly extended off the rear of the valve covers due to the shape interfering with the ejection of the tree. 

11980901-1958-chrysler-392-hemi-engine-thumb_1.jpg

Thanks Michael! I didn’t know. Thanks for the photo as reference! Appreciate the knowledge.

Rick