Model Cars Magazine Forum

1940 Ford Coupe

70 Sting

What an awesome build. Beautiful choice of two tone color, the interior is exceptional. The steering wheel is beautiful and looks like real wood. Outstanding photography.

Edited by karbuildr
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

The AMT 40 Ford Trophy Series was the first kit I ever built back in 1959 and have not built another one. That being said the 40 Ford Coupe is my all-time favorite Ford and I have a couple in my stash. You have done a magnificent job with this build. Your choice of colors and their application are excellent, and they go so well with your choice of interior colors. The stance looks just right for the style of build you chose. Really like this build.

1959... this is very cool to me. I love the nostalgia associated with this hobby. I appreciate your analysis and kind words. I really enjoyed this build despite a number of setbacks - self induced and would likely build another one in the future. ย Perhaps you will, too. ย :^)

8 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking paint finish, and the two-tone colors look good together. The interior colors look great as well, like the way the colors work together. Good engine detailing. Hard to change the overall look of a '40 Ford without goofing it up somehow, not the case here as thew changes seem to look good for a Street Rod.ย 

Thanks for the kind wordsย @espo. ย I finally put a little more effort into the polishing aspect of building as I often struggle with orange peel to some degree.ย ๐Ÿ˜•

As I was building and painting the various assemblies, I was a little concerned that I had added too many colours - including a Hemi orange engine block - which Mr. Ford would not be impressed with.ย 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, karbuildr said:

What an awesome build. Beautiful choice of two tone color, the interior is exceptional. The steering wheel is beautiful and looks like real wood. Outstanding photography.

You're making me blush. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š

The wood grain steering wheel was inspired byย this guy.

Phenomenal work Harry. The two paint line is perfect and the interior paints create a look of real fabric. I never thought of using a clear to lock in the embossing powder.ย ย 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Phenomenal work Harry. The two paint line is perfect and the interior paints create a look of real fabric. I never thought of using a clear to lock in the embossing powder.ย ย 

Thanks man, appreciate it. ย I started applying clear after I noticed a few flakes of powder were clinging to the inside glassโ€ฆ not so good with a sealed in cabin.

5 hours ago, Speedpro said:

Nice looking street rod! Paint looks great. Your photos you took are very good. Show's the car well.

Thanks Speed. ย It a very forgiving lighting style as it flatters the build and hides minor flaws.ย ๐Ÿคซ

10 hours ago, Duddly01 said:

Beautiful build. Especially love the interior work!

ย 

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Fabulous fit and finish all around! The interior is as beautiful as the exterior.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thanks fellas. ย Starting to question the level of necessary detail on future builds as most of it not visible to the naked eye.
Perhaps limit maximum effort to convertible vehicles.ย ๐Ÿค”

• 2 weeks later...