Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pictures&info from Round 2 announcements; detailed looks at '64 Malibu and Charger Police Pursuit...

UPDATE 3:24 2:30pm - Scroll well down the page for my full report with high-res photos and info - all the details from the show...thanks...TIM 

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( 

Steve Goldman and the Round 2 support team are in town and ready to go tomorrow morning.

I would imagine you will start to see details of whatever they reveal by tomorrow late AM on the various social media sites. 

I plan to post pictures and any info I learn about later in the day tomorrow. 

Best...TB 

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Steve Goldman and the Round 2 support team are in town and ready to go tomorrow morning.

I would imagine you will start to see details of whatever they reveal by tomorrow late AM on the various social media sites. 

I plan to post pictures and any info I learn about later in the day tomorrow. 

Best...TB 

Tim did you take the DeLorean?

;)

bttfdmc1201.jpg

Edited by Luc Janssens

• tim boyd changed the title to Pictures&info from Round 2 announcements; detailed looks at '64 Malibu and Charger Police Pursuit...
Posted (edited)

Here's a link to 70 images from the Round 2 New Product Display at the 2024 DAAM show in Warren, Michigan on 3-24-2024  https://public.fotki.com/funman1712/model-car-events-co/2024-daam-show-3-24/round-2-product-new/

New news includes

* the '64 Olds Topless "Streaker" AWB funny car, first time ever back on the market since the original release in 1967 

image.png.770961190f4cbc948f974634c310305d.png

* a fully detailed (inside/outside) present-day Charger Police Pursuit (detailed images of an assembled/unpainted Charger at the link above)   

image.png.3f750ba727d901efe510ad11220d9df3.png

* the second version of the new Bronco tool...the popular Outer Banks trim/content level 

image.png.1743bb1b839673cda41a5f8862768172.png

* new parts for the AMT-Ertl '62 Pontiac tool - based on the 1/1 scale "Tin Indian" and including a Grand Prix grille (swapped in place of the Catalina grille in some of the 1/1 scale Pontiac Super  Stock competitors back in '62) and newly tooled 8-lug brake/wheels (includes shots of new parts at link above) 

image.png.32e9a40d4087a42dc97c4b8ea3eb4092.png

* a full look at all of the inside box contents of the '64 Malibu (ten images of parts trees, body, chrome shot, clear shot, etc. at the link above)...a ton of stuff in the box for a curbside level kit, and like the '63 Nova wagon, setup with a separate hood and engine compartment gubbins.  Also includes choice of hub caps ('64 Malibu SS and '64 GM B-Body simulated wire wheel type, plus the optional tri-tip accessory spinner center hub inserts) image.png.fa32959ca9a43785907fbbcf5e6cc51c.png

image.png.6ce4de5c4c264ae3c53165f1906350a2.png

image.png.a396ab61ce38a83838dae84b548cbf29.png

* new box art for a number of kits, some seen for the first time here. 

image.png.77ff9fafd010f3f40d9e356c31550e5d.png

image.png.0923d2d5dadbeb2339030755639a97a7.png

A big thanks to Steve Goldman and the entire Round 2 team for all this new product and for holding court just inside the entrance to the spring DAAM show today...will attempt to answer any questions you have....

Best///TIM  

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you very much for the extensive pictorial report on the new items! 

However, what really caught my eye was the red ‘32 Ford Roadster in the very last picture. Has Round2 recovered the tooling inserts for all of the drag parts, including the tonneau cover, from the second issue of the kit? 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, blubaja said:

Does the police charger still have the wrong wheels?

Francis, these are the wheels in the kit.  While I am far from an expert on the subject, I would imagine that they are correct for this application as Mr. Goldman told me he and the team really pulled out all the stops to make this kit a top-notch effort.  I'm sure you all will update us on this if the above is wrong....TB (UPDATE 3-25-24 am////I was wrong on this...see posts from Francis, James, and Jonathon posted below...TB 

image.png.46096ed631d5aecce39e26594d7bf226.png

Edited by tim boyd

37 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Francis, these are the wheels in the kit.  While I am far from an expert on the subject, I would imagine that they are correct for this application as Mr. Goldman told me he and the team really pulled out all the stops to make this kit a top-notch effort.  I'm sure you all will update us on this if the above is wrong....TB 

image.png.46096ed631d5aecce39e26594d7bf226.png

We had gone over in the other charger thread about these steelies were for the AWD setup, which the build isn't. I understand some oversights can still happen with the resources at hand. Tim, you can imagine whatever you want and they'd still be incorrect. But thanks for the pics😆 I actually really like these style of steel wheels over the 5 spokes that are usually on the majority of the Chargers. 

43 minutes ago, blubaja said:

We had gone over in the other charger thread about these steelies were for the AWD setup, which the build isn't. I understand some oversights can still happen with the resources at hand. Tim, you can imagine whatever you want and they'd still be incorrect. But thanks for the pics😆 I actually really like these style of steel wheels over the 5 spokes that are usually on the majority of the Chargers. 

Appreciate the update.  As I said, I'm not an expert on the subject (and this proves it!)   I know that Steve G. does look at these forums from time to time when he has a minute; maybe he will have a comment. (or not!).   Best...TIM  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Appreciate the update.  As I said, I'm not an expert on the subject (and this proves it!)   I know that Steve G. does look at these forums from time to time when he has a minute; maybe he will have a comment. (or not!).   Best...TIM  

I'm wondering how the Lindbergh wheels would look on the AMT.  Different scales, but maybe visually right, how tamiya wheels are a tad larger than should be, but fill out. Again, thank for the pics:) I'm excited about the other trim level bronco also. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tim boyd said:

The wheels in the picture you took are the AWD specific steel wheels, they're the second wheel option to the AWD dress hubcaps are supposed to be in the box too. The kit itself is still RWD...not a total deal breaker for me as nobody is going to flip the model over and demand to examine the front drivetrain.  Steve mentioned here in the past that they might consider doing a 2nd release that would have the RWD steel wheels & dress hubcaps.

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, blubaja said:

I'm wondering how the Lindbergh wheels would look on the AMT.  Different scales, but maybe visually right, how tamiya wheels are a tad larger than should be, but fill out. Again, thank for the pics:) I'm excited about the other trim level bronco also. 

This is how it looks with the wheels/tires from Lindberg Charger, some modification will be needed for a good fit( why its on the side)

oIcffDo.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

This is how it looks with the wheels/tires from Lindberg Charger, some modification will be needed for a good fit( why its on the side)

oIcffDo.jpg

Those look great John. Thanks 🙌🏻

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drksd4848 said:

Looks like there’s a ‘71 Charger in the mix. That a reissue?

Yes - It has previously been discussed, that it’s essentially the Street Machine kit from the Early 00’s with Rallye Wheels  and decals from the stock version.

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

It looks like the Raised Front suspension part from the '65 Elky kit could work on this kit. If it does, you can build a '64 Gasser pretty easily.

Alan...Steve G. mentioned yesterday that he could see people attempting to adapt the innards from the '65 Elky kit with this new kit's body.  Will be interesting to see who is the first to actually do this.  I was thinking of this in terms of a showroom stock model, but your idea of a drag strip themed build is a very cool one! 

Cheers...TB  

• Like 1