Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Deuce Tudor being reissued

18 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

What are you talking about? Other than the Rat Roaster (and the '32 Roadster they reissued based on it to "De-Stacy" it) and the '29/'30 Model A kits this would be one of the newest Hot Rod kits available.  It came out originally in 2011 (then called a '32 Ford Sedan Street Rod) which is based of the 1996 new tool '32 Ford tooling.  This isn't a reissue based on the old Orange Crate from the 1960s.

That was my reaction too! The Revell '32 Fords are some of the most user-friendly toolings in the whole Revell range (aside from the headlight bucket mounts) and they're very frequently my go-to as a recommendation to first time builders.

• Like 4

On 3/25/2024 at 5:25 PM, Matt T. said:

That setup gives the best “rubber rake” of all the Revell deuces too, with the fronts being much shorter than the rears. 
Great illustration for the box too! 

I think it's also the best wheel/tire package for a fenderless rod in the '32 series. In my opinion, highboys look best with tall tires out back. As nice as they are, the Goodyear Sports Car Specials in the other Deuce kits don't quite cut it in that regard. 

• Like 4

On 4/18/2024 at 3:43 PM, Ken Hart said:

I think it's also the best wheel/tire package for a fenderless rod in the '32 series. In my opinion, highboys look best with tall tires out back. As nice as they are, the Goodyear Sports Car Specials in the other Deuce kits don't quite cut it in that regard. 

I agree. I'll add that full fendered rods also look better that way.

• Like 1

I'm expecting my shipment of the Tudors in today, and I feel something that's been underreported as well is that Revell has made a major decision to reduce MSRP's on many reissues. As such, and believe me I am ecstatic to say this, I'm able to put RMX4553 on my shelf with a shelf price of $22. This comes after being able to do similarly with the '64 Impala Lowrider reissue at a shelf price of $24. Clearly Revell's new German management is seeing the business value in being a value leader in the hobby.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

I'm expecting my shipment of the Tudors in today, and I feel something that's been underreported as well is that Revell has made a major decision to reduce MSRP's on many reissues. As such, and believe me I am ecstatic to say this, I'm able to put RMX4553 on my shelf with a shelf price of $22. This comes after being able to do similarly with the '64 Impala Lowrider reissue at a shelf price of $24. Clearly Revell's new German management is seeing the business value in being a value leader in the hobby.

I noticed this also. I've picked up several of the latest issue Revell kits & noticed they seemed to be priced cheaper. Compared to Round 2's ever increasing prices on the same old stuff that's been reissued ad nauseum it is really nice to see. Not trying to start a urination contest, just an observation! I paid $23 for the Revell '66 Impala & '71 Mustang at my LHS 2 weeks ago. Round 2 stuff was $31-35 for the same kits you can pick up at a show for $10-15.

The owner of the LHS told me he sells 5 Revell kits for every one Round 2 kit. He also said once his existing stock of Round 2 kits was gone he likely wasn't going to reorder anymore due to the ever increasing price for so-so quality. 

On 4/26/2024 at 10:20 AM, Justin Porter said:

They actually didn't, someone (I don't know which distributor you use) set the MSRP wrong, which obviously effects the shelf price you charge. Someone mentioned this to Ed today at NNL East and he was shocked at that price and immediately said it was too low and didn't accurately reflect the the correct price.

Soooo I guess guy buy em if you can find them, because they aren't going to be low for long.

1 hour ago, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

Wheels and tires from the original roadster. Nice big radial rear tires, fugly front tires. Satco made a nice tire that fit those wheels, but I believe Satco is long gone.... It's nice to have this kit back, I need a few more flatties...-RRR

American SATCO has been gone close to thirty years.