Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Deuce Tudor being reissued

1 hour ago, stavanzer said:

Jim S, love that build. Where did those wheels come from?

They were an item at one time available from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland (RM-98 1/25 Vintage Wire Wheels - $39.95).

They included Norm's big & littles resin tires w/ Detail Master photo etched Kelsey Hayes wheels. 

A bit of a challenge to get the PE wire wheel front and backs put together but the effect is worth it.

I would order more but they are discontinued, there must be unbuilt sets out there....

52 minutes ago, SpeedShift said:

They were an item at one time available from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland (RM-98 1/25 Vintage Wire Wheels - $39.95).

They included Norm's big & littles resin tires w/ Detail Master photo etched Kelsey Hayes wheels. 

A bit of a challenge to get the PE wire wheel front and backs put together but the effect is worth it.

I would order more but they are discontinued, there must be unbuilt sets out there....

Thanks! They looks great!

On 3/25/2024 at 11:31 PM, CabDriver said:

"Revell didn’t exactly do a great job of figuring out a good looking roof chop for the (otherwise really nicely done) ‘49 Merc kit."

True that!

2 hours ago, stavanzer said:

It will be very interesting to see what wheels, ect, Revell puts in the box for this version of the Sedan kit! I know my stash needs a couple of these.

If it has the same old small block ford hopefully it has some nicer accessory parts. 

13 hours ago, Bullybeef said:

If it has the same old small block ford hopefully it has some nicer accessory parts. 

I think that the 5.0 Litre H.O. Ford engine will be exactly as it was, the last time the kit was out.

img089-vi.jpg.bc7f71b383a17cd1a4b7415ac6ccd87f.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This will be available in the next “month or two” according to whoever it was at Revell who appeared in someone’s show coverage video this weekend…

(I realize that’s a little vague but I forgot where I saw that little tidbit…apologies)

• Thanks 1

Looking at HPI Guy's video of the Revell kits he has, the Tudor Sedan box was shown. The Box clearly shows 2 wheel options.

The Mags on the top, and the Wire Wheels also. No Steelies are shown, so they may not be in the kit.

I want one of these kits! now, if they'd bring the Roadster back.

6 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Looking at HPI Guy's video of the Revell kits he has, the Tudor Sedan box was shown. The Box clearly shows 2 wheel options.

The Mags on the top, and the Wire Wheels also. No Steelies are shown, so they may not be in the kit.

The steelies were in the 5 window kit.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:03 PM, stavanzer said:

Swiped this from Megahobby to add a little more info to the conversation.

image.png.a7f870306454872797f80a2b83474d76.png image.png.e08a6e7f0bcb2eb392d48a38f52e5efc.png

1- Looks like it's the slotted wheels from the original 96 tool roadster. This is the first appearance outside of the roadster reissues to have those wheels.

2- Wire wheels as well, which were in the initial issue of the Tudor.

3- Drag City Casting just happens to have a Fordor and a chopped Tudor body available right now. 

@krassandbernie

4- stavanzer, I'm not sure if we will ever see the 96 tool roadster again. The story behind what became the Rat Roaster project was that the 96 roadster tool was so tired that Revell was going to have to invest in making a new tool, so they took the opportunity to make something a little different from the 96 version. @tim boyd could maybe confirm?

image.png

Edited by Mr. Metallic
  • Thanks 1

This mistake is on Revell I know, but I wouldn't call those wheels Kidney Beans.  This is a Kidney Bean wheel. The Sedan appears to have Halibrand Sprint or C10 wheels.

image.png.9d081cb20ddeecebf5cc6c8b72c403ae.png

Edited by Dave Darby

22 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Swiped this from Megahobby to add a little more info to the conversation.

image.png.a7f870306454872797f80a2b83474d76.png 

1- Looks like it's the slotted wheels from the original 96 tool roadster. This is the first appearance outside of the roadster reissues to have those wheels.

2- Wire wheels as well, which were in the initial issue of the Tudor.

3- Drag City Casting just happens to have a Fordor and a chopped Tudor body available right now. 

@krassandbernie

4- stavanzer, I'm not sure if we will ever see the 96 tool roadster again. The story behind what became the Rat Roaster project was that the 96 roadster tool was so tired that Revell was going to have to invest in making a new tool, so they took the opportunity to make something a little different from the 96 version. @tim boyd could maybe confirm?

The 32 Roadster was reissued in 2005, which is also the last time the 3 Window kit was done last.  The tooling wasn't "tired", there just wasn't any more room on the inserts for any more parts, so a new tool was required to do the Rat Roaster.  The base 1996 '32 Ford 3 Window kit had begot the 5 Window, the Roadster, this Tudor, and the Speedwagon.  That's a LOT of engines/engine options to say nothing of the interiors and other parts.  There's only so much square footage to a piece of tooling even with swapping out inserts.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

The 32 Roadster was reissued in 2005, which is also the last time the 3 Window kit was done last.  The tooling wasn't "tired", there just wasn't any more room on the inserts for any more parts, so a new tool was required to do the Rat Roaster.  The base 1996 '32 Ford 3 Window kit had begot the 5 Window, the Roadster, this Tudor, and the Speedwagon.  That's a LOT of engines/engine options to say nothing of the interiors and other parts.  There's only so much square footage to a piece of tooling even with swapping out inserts.

Thanks for the clarification. But it still stands that we probably won't see the 96 tool roadster again, especially while the NEW roadster /RR is in the catalog.

5 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Is the option to cover the side windows so it will look Dilerery-ish in the kit?

I'm not sure....

I think the options (UN-Officially) are to paint the window glass, or carefully fill the window opening with sheet plastic.

• Like 1

I hope everyone who wanted this re-issue, (including me) is happy with what they get, it will not be the quality , fit ,or finnish as others in the market. Just be glad to have this model back in our hands. Thank you Revell.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, lucky 130 said:

I hope everyone who wanted this re-issue, (including me) is happy with what they get, it will not be the quality , fit ,or finnish as others in the market. Just be glad to have this model back in our hands. Thank you Revell.

What are you talking about? Other than the Rat Roaster (and the '32 Roadster they reissued based on it to "De-Stacy" it) and the '29/'30 Model A kits this would be one of the newest Hot Rod kits available.  It came out originally in 2011 (then called a '32 Ford Sedan Street Rod) which is based of the 1996 new tool '32 Ford tooling.  This isn't a reissue based on the old Orange Crate from the 1960s.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, stavanzer said:

I'm not sure....

I think the options (UN-Officially) are to paint the window glass, or carefully fill the window opening with sheet plastic.

Pretty much

FB_IMG_1713228447944.jpg