Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1969 Torino Talladega

Looking good Pat. I like the color combo.

Just so you know on the real car the rear defogger and speaker grills should be all black. While the speaker grill surrounds are a separate piece of metal and could be painted any color you like. The defogger is molded in black plastic and the grill and surround are all one piece.

11 hours ago, LennyB said:

Looking good Pat. I like the color combo.

Just so you know on the real car the rear defogger and speaker grills should be all black. While the speaker grill surrounds are a separate piece of metal and could be painted any color you like. The defogger is molded in black plastic and the grill and surround are all one piece.

I thought they were black. I guess I need to darken them. thannks for the pointer.

6 hours ago, landman said:

I thought they were black. I guess I need to darken them. thannks for the pointer.

Here is a pic of the defogger and the factory speaker grill. DSC00236.JPG.c3ff03f51ccae1d53dbf9c7754dd6676.JPGDSC00237.JPG.8fac7252b0bf9ca1d3805ca182a052a4.JPG

Sorry if this is too much information but not all cars came with the defogger. In some states it was mandatory, like New Jersey where this car came from, and they had them from the factory. It could also be ordered as an option. Additionally there was a dealer installed defogger but it was completely different.

No, blame it on the guy in the tie if you have to blame something (someone). 🤔

Seriously, it looks fine, and how often do we get to see a nicely finished Talladega? 👍

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2024 at 4:07 PM, Sledsel said:

That is a really nice kit that goes together well but in my opinion the provided tires are way to small

Until I looked it up, I forgot how small the tires were on older cars and how high they rode. My dad had a 1968 Mustang and  he talked about how he had wide tires on it. I found a picture of it a while back and those wide tires were probably narrower than those on a stock Camry these days.

Torino.webp