Model Cars Magazine Forum

About all the outpouring of love for Snake , , ,

Posted (edited)

I know he would have been blown away by it.  ,, Just incredible. I really wish he could have seen all this and known just how much he meant to the community. 

I know he was feeling down and not appreciated and I'm sure if he could have seen all this it would have meant the world to him.

In one of the last e-mails I got from him about a day before he passed he told me  , ,"It's hell not feeling missed or appreciated." ,, But he was appreciated but just didn't know the extent of it.

I really wish he could have seen this and kudos to all of you who've taken time to make a response in any of the active threads. I'm sure he looking down from somewhere smiling. 👍

Edited by Can-Con
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

That is the problem with how things work in our culture. We seem to give all the praises only after the individual has passed on. Not very useful for the  person being praised, but makes the still-alive people feel better.

Edited by peteski
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, peteski said:

That is the problem with how things work in our culture. We seem to give all the praises only after the individual has passed on. Not very useful for the  person being praised, but makes the still-alive people feel better.

He probably would have gotten a chuckle out of it.

Being an “old guy” like most of us, and an observant student of the human condition, he most likely would have thought to himself, “sure, now that I’m gone, they all love me”, but what he might have missed is the fact that many of us honored and respected him while he was here, even though we may not have expressed it.

I think that we could all agree that the same sort of reverence could be applied to other past members of the board.

Roger Hayes and Richard Manson come to mind.

(I hope I got those names right. My name recollection skills are pretty horrendous!)

Steve

• Like 4

Last time I heard from the snakeman was April 6, when he sent me a photo of his new cane with a Hurst shifter handle. I asked him how everything was going and never heard back.

Guess I should have followed up.   :mellow:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I think that we could all agree that the same sort of reverence could be applied to other past members of the board.

Josh Atkinson / Venom and Lee Kirchner / Keyser are folks I really miss as well. I don't think I ever saw any of Dr. Kirchner's models, but he seemed like a really class act and I enjoyed his 1:1 car discussions.

I am a little surprised that there weren't any "Where's Snake" posts earlier. I ASSumed that he had been given a timeout, but I am very sad to hear that he passed.

• Like 2

Snakes passing really hit me like Roger Hayes did.  Snake didn’t talk long when we talked last. I wish we have talk more   Earlier when he joined he always wanted to help the model community,  

• Like 3

WOW! I wasn't expecting to read this. I am so sad to hearing of his passing. I just loved his "model on" attitude. He'll surely be missed by many here in the forum.

• Like 1