Model Cars Magazine Forum

Miss Deal funny car

70elcamino

Russell-

Nice build of a great old kit. I used the one I had for parts for a drag T. The engine, tires and wheels and modified suspension were sacrificed. They were such great parts that I had to buy a second to build. I wish that they would bring this one out again. Looks good. Thanks for sharing.

Later-

The late Bob Paeth designed that kit for Revell when he worked for them. The Sunday evening before he passed away I was to meet up with him to have him autograph the box of the one that I have. It was one of the kits he was always proud of, he often talked of the days at Revell and the pranks they use to play on each other.

I agree that this is a fun and inspiring build and that Revell need to reissue this kit.

The late Bob Paeth designed that kit for Revell when he worked for them. The Sunday evening before he passed away I was to meet up with him to have him autograph the box of the one that I have. It was one of the kits he was always proud of, he often talked of the days at Revell and the pranks they use to play on each other.

I agree that this is a fun and inspiring build and that Revell need to reissue this kit.

Thanks for the history, I did not realize that was one of Bob Paeth's designs.

Do you have a list of his designs?

thanks, Russell

Thanks for the history, I did not realize that was one of Bob Paeth's designs.

Do you have a list of his designs?

thanks, Russell

I have a few, Bob was part of the team that developed the Angelia and Thames kits as well as several others during his time with Revell. The most sought after Paeth design is the Revolution funny car. His daughter has one build by one of our club members here in Portland. Bob and 3 or 4 other modelers were responsible for the formation of our local club, Scale Auto Builders Ass'n (SABA). Bob, was a good man and a great friend and we all miss him terribly.

I have a few, Bob was part of the team that developed the Angelia and Thames kits as well as several others during his time with Revell. The most sought after Paeth design is the Revolution funny car. His daughter has one build by one of our club members here in Portland. Bob and 3 or 4 other modelers were responsible for the formation of our local club, Scale Auto Builders Ass'n (SABA). Bob peath, was a good man and a great friend and we all miss him terribly.

yes the miss deal funny car, ive always loved this model and yours looks great, the box art is just wild as is the model itself, i have two originals unbuilt and a unbuilt original Revolution funnycar, but im very lucky to have a signed print of the Revolution funnycar box art work singed by bob himself, bob peath, just like his models,they just dont make em like that anymore.

Edited by gseeds

• 4 weeks later...